Tell me about Aldi

RandomIdoit

On 6/20/2018 at 2:41 PM, Lat22 said:

Except war.

I didn't realize the U.S. single-handedly defeated Germany in WWII.  The Canadians will be most surprised.  

Aldi won't replace HEB, they'll just out-flank them.  

aldi is bizarro world.  they use pretty similar looking packaging and color schemes to national brands.  so you see something out of your peripheral vision and it looks like oreos, but when you focus on it you see it's an aldi brand knock off (which makes it a knock off of a knock off).  kind of amazing they haven't been sued under trade-dress laws. 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, Post Oak said:

I havent tried the pizza Kyrie recs.  One thing ive noticed the handful of times ive been is a few times its been relatively busy and theres only one cashier.  I cant stand that.

Just go and see what you think.  It serves a niche

I've never been in the place and it's virtually across the street from HEB. Being that close together another stop on shopping day doesn't sound that bad. But fuck lines at cash registers, they need self checkout to go along with their self bagging, last person out be sure and set the lock when you leave.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:16 PM, Lobo said:

I didn't realize the U.S. single-handedly defeated Germany in WWII.  The Canadians will be most surprised.  

Aldi won't replace HEB, they'll just out-flank them.  

They make their living in the hours when HEBs are closed

On 6/16/2018 at 5:46 PM, Lobo said:

I prefer HEB, but considering they can't even break into DFW, I doubt Aldi is worried.  

HEB is circling.  Moving into the edges first before too many competitors build there.  Ennis, Waxahachie, Cleburne, Burleson, and Granbury, and adding a store west of Aledo next year.  Mansfield should open by 2021 or they lose tax incentives.  Rumors of possibly one of their three properties in the rapidly developing area of north Fort Worth between Eagle Mountain Lake and Alliance airport will be HEB.

They've bought a lot of land inside the metro but so far the plots developed/announced are their Central Markets. HEB says CM expansion is their current focus for DFW.  Though still rumors that their property in the northwest corner of 121 and Cheek Sparger in Colleyville will be an HEB instead of Central Market.  Which would put an HEB across the street from...H-E-B (Hurst-Euless-Bedford.)

Edited by clapclapclap

Can someone explain why HEB hasnt just dropped its balls in DFW?  Texas is fucking Texas, it's not like someone in Dallas will not have heard of HEB.  Do they just not bother?  Is it too costly to establish distribution up there?   I lament the lame Albertsons everytime I went home to stay with my family.  

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Can someone explain why HEB hasnt just dropped its balls in DFW?  Texas is fucking Texas, it's not like someone in Dallas will not have heard of HEB.  Do they just not bother?  Is it too costly to establish distribution up there?   I lament the lame Albertsons everytime I went home to stay with my family.  

texas grocers operated under a gentlemen's agreement not to compete with each other in their various territories.  HEB is still honoring, at least for mass market grocery, whatever agreement it was they have in the dallas area (iirc it was brookshire's or some such).  in houston the deal was between charles butt and joe weingarten.  weingarten isn't in grocery anymore, so HEB is in houston.

Maybe it’s because Dallas sucks?

On 6/28/2018 at 10:04 PM, 52-80 said:

80% or more people in Dallas shop at Walmart or Target for groceries. The rest frequent Albertson's, Kroger or Tom Thumb. Central Market is great, but HEB wouldn’t survive as a competitor. Trader Joe’s is struggling after the novelty wore off.

13 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

80% or more people in Dallas shop at Walmart or Target for groceries. The rest frequent Albertson's, Kroger or Tom Thumb. Central Market is great, but HEB wouldn’t survive as a competitor. Trader Joe’s is struggling after the novelty wore off.

I promise you HEB will do just fine in Dallas proper. The Trader Joe's on Lovers is quite busy. Don't know about the rest of town.

c32051307a07190dcd4b5f324cecb549.png
  • Like 1