oSu sark post presser

Hagbard Celine

41 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

There is literally nothing a Texas coach can say in a post-game press conference after a loss that would make a fan feel better.  If you want to watch it as a reason to scream or because you're a masochist go for it.

in Japan, good men bow contritely to apologize for any mishonor they may have committed.  great men gut themselves with a sharp sword.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

There is literally nothing a Texas coach can say in a post-game press conference after a loss that would make a fan feel better.  If you want to watch it as a reason to scream or because you're a masochist go for it.

That's not true. Sark could have said "Card slept with my wife, that's why he didn't get a shot". 

That would have made me feel better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

welp

derp

He is starting to look like Charlie in this one where they care but have no answers. They know it is them but don't know what it is that they are doing wrong. The one thing in common is they say they have to look at the film because if they understood what was going sideways during the game you would think they could correct it. Tom never looked like this because he was to much of a smug MF to think it was himself.

Edited by DanTheHorn

On 10/23/2022 at 3:52 AM, Injury Prone said:

It’s concerning that Sark said he never even considered pulling Quinn. Hell, even Peyton Manning was benched for Brock Osweiler during  Denver’s most recent Super Bowl winning season. Dabo benched DJ for stinking it up, all in the name of exhausting all possibilities to WIN THE GAME. It’s disrespectful to the team to not give the next man up at least a shot to make a spark. I gave Sark a pass last year, as it was year 1, but a man is what his habits show you he is. 

Was he the OC when Alabama benched Hurts for Tua or was he just an offensive assistant? He should know first hand about trying something new when status quo isn’t working?

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m more mad at myself for clicking the play button. I knew it would make me more angrier but I did it anyways. Watching those is like the times I drunk banged the fatties on the forty acres because I was horny af. In the moment it’s all wet so it’s cool, afterwards it’s just disgust.

19 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

had to wait 24 hours for the rage to subside before commenting

3:00 "we tried to help him with some easier-type throws"

yes, earlier in the game, the beautiful window-dressing stuff, and it worked

what about after 10 wounded ducks?  what's the number where you "help him" by pulling him?

Ì still don't dare watch it. 

22 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Y'all gotta stop taking these pressers at face value. I guarantee Sark considered pulling him but he's not gonna say that afterwards and start another QB controversy.

Can I take the game where Sark didn't pull him and should have at face value? 

On 10/23/2022 at 3:52 AM, Injury Prone said:

It’s concerning that Sark said he never even considered pulling Quinn. Hell, even Peyton Manning was benched for Brock Osweiler during  Denver’s most recent Super Bowl winning season. Dabo benched DJ for stinking it up, all in the name of exhausting all possibilities to WIN THE GAME. It’s disrespectful to the team to not give the next man up at least a shot to make a spark. I gave Sark a pass last year, as it was year 1, but a man is what his habits show you he is. 

DJ has been a disappointment since he took over. That's 3 seasons of disappointment vs. a bad 3rd quarter. Also, we've seen plenty from Card to know what we have in him unlike Clemson with Klubnik.

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Was he the OC when Alabama benched Hurts for Tua or was he just an offensive assistant? He should know first hand about trying something new when status quo isn’t working?

OC was Locksley that year. Sark showed up in 2019

What the hell is all of this pining for Card all of the sudden? Ewers wasn't great but holy shit neither were his WRs, OL, or OC. the running game was humming along nicely until we stopped trying it once OSU figured out the counter for a few drives and that's about it. Quin still made plenty of nice throws that could have been caught but weren't when his OL actually gave him decent protection. 30 yard sideline route from the opposite hash was right on the money. Card couldn't make that throw without the defense. Deep ball to Worthy that lands a yard in front of him that he didn't even try for, another deep shot to worthy that BR missed a blitz pickup & Ewers got crushed is probably a sack with Card but Ewers missed Worthy by 2 steps, & another shot to Worthy that was an easy TD if Worthy doesn't forget how to run & falls down. 

Are we still in "I'm going to flame away based on TV commentary & initial feelings while mostly drunk" mode or have we at least attempted to watch it again & realize that there are 10 other guys with jobs to do on every play & they all looked lost for the most part. This was easily Quinns worst start of his 5 but he's far from the only one to blame. Pulling him there ignores the issues we had across the OL, WRs, & OC & creates controversy where there doesn't need to be any. Pulling a starting QB isn't like pulling a starting pitcher that has a bad 3 innings or a PG that has a bad shooting half. It's full blown QB controversy into the bye week if you pull Ewers there & for what? CARD? Hard pass. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, hook me said:

DJ has been a disappointment since he took over. That's 3 seasons of disappointment vs. a bad 3rd quarter. Also, we've seen plenty from Card to know what we have in him unlike Clemson with Klubnik.

OC was Locksley that year. Sark showed up in 2019

What the hell is all of this pining for Card all of the sudden? Ewers wasn't great but holy shit neither were his WRs, OL, or OC. the running game was humming along nicely until we stopped trying it once OSU figured out the counter for a few drives and that's about it. Quin still made plenty of nice throws that could have been caught but weren't when his OL actually gave him decent protection. 30 yard sideline route from the opposite hash was right on the money. Card couldn't make that throw without the defense. Deep ball to Worthy that lands a yard in front of him that he didn't even try for, another deep shot to worthy that BR missed a blitz pickup & Ewers got crushed is probably a sack with Card but Ewers missed Worthy by 2 steps, & another shot to Worthy that was an easy TD if Worthy doesn't forget how to run & falls down. 

Are we still in "I'm going to flame away based on TV commentary & initial feelings while mostly drunk" mode or have we at least attempted to watch it again & realize that there are 10 other guys with jobs to do on every play & they all looked lost for the most part. This was easily Quinns worst start of his 5 but he's far from the only one to blame. Pulling him there ignores the issues we had across the OL, WRs, & OC & creates controversy where there doesn't need to be any. Pulling a starting QB isn't like pulling a starting pitcher that has a bad 3 innings or a PG that has a bad shooting half. It's full blown QB controversy into the bye week if you pull Ewers there & for what? CARD? Hard pass. 

You’re looking too deep into it. Sit Ewers for one (1) possession, coach him up, while also giving Card a chance to at least do something different, and then put your starter back in after giving him a quick reset. No one is above reproach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The main reason I would want Card at QB is so we can get to 3rd and short, line up in RoCat and throw the ball to Card who is ten yards open. You know, running a go while that DB is headed toward the incipient pile in the middle, you know, like every other RoCat play?

"It's easy to look at the record." Yes, coach. It is very easy for us to look at the record. It is easy for everyone to look at the record. Speaking for everyone who is aware of the existence of college football, the record is somewhat important. Your record, it is not so great, coach. It is easy to look at your record and see that. 

The problem for me now is that even if he were to come out and beat KU, I woluld really have no idea what that means.  I need to see consistent, upward trends, even if not winning every game. This team is all over the place, week to week. If the team is a reflection of the coach, Sark is schitzophrenic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

monday presser: corch, why didn't you consider pulling him when it was clear he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn?

That’d have been really dumb. So I bet Bohls asked him.