Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

28 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Just saying Amazon acquired MGM.  Not really a political comment tho

nope, it is most certainly antitrust. bezos is driving a monopoly of power. all of it is bad for the 99%.
That’s bad for workers, consumers, and small businesses.

i hate bezos but love amazon.

Guest Lobo

I'm 99% certain that at some point in their adult lives, Trump and VP Harris have referred to members of the military as "Suckers" or "Chumps"

Anyone taking a cue from either of them on this hallowed day is just asking for disappointment.  

I'm gonna go send my 92 year old submariner veteran uncle some photos of my little daughters helping me put up the flag this morning.  He gets bummed out today because of Navy buddies he lost over the years.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I'm 99% certain that at some point in their adult lives, Trump and VP Harris have referred to members of the military as "Suckers" or "Chumps"

Anyone taking a cue from either of them on this hallowed day is just asking for disappointment.  

I'm gonna go send my 92 year old submariner veteran uncle some photos of my little daughters helping me put up the flag this morning.  He gets bummed out today because of Navy buddies he lost over the years.  

As he should.  It’s a day we should all be reflecting on those friends he lost, and the friends my Grandad lost that were on the plane next to his that got flacked to hell, and the guy in the boat next to my great uncle who scored a direct hit by a mortar, and the guys on my great uncle‘s boat who got mowed down as soon as the ramp dropped, and my dad’s friends that died when their cleaning lady rolled a grenade into their barrack while he was on duty.  We remember those who lost their lives, but we also remember those who had to live with it after those those who lost their lives.    

“Enjoy your extended weekend” is fucking beyond childish, and below disrespectfully. 

and you know I’m in support of your post, just happened to quote you 

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

It also reminds me to stop and be thankful that of all the military men on both sides of my extended family---none of them were ever KIA from WWII to Vietnam to Afghanistan/Iraq, grandpa and his brothers, my dad, several uncles, and a dozen cousins......everybody made it home.  But all of them lost a close friend and brother-in-arm, or several.  I remember growing up, my Dad (Navy) and my two uncles (Navy and Army) would take me fishing on Memorial Day in the morning.  Then the afternoon was grilling and drinking for them and telling stories (they all served during Vietnam era).  Other friends (some vets, some not) would come over and join in the regaling.  They were also cheerful and laughing (cases and cases of Old Style beer helped).  I suspect they all mourned privately on their own, or after the kids went to bed.  

But what's the rest of the story on the cleaning lady and the grenade if you don't mind telling it?  

48 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It also reminds me to stop and be thankful that of all the military men on both sides of my extended family---none of them were ever KIA from WWII to Vietnam to Afghanistan/Iraq, grandpa and his brothers, my dad, several uncles, and a dozen cousins......everybody made it home.  But all of them lost a close friend and brother-in-arm, or several.  I remember growing up, my Dad (Navy) and my two uncles (Navy and Army) would take me fishing on Memorial Day in the morning.  Then the afternoon was grilling and drinking for them and telling stories (they all served during Vietnam era).  Other friends (some vets, some not) would come over and join in the regaling.  They were also cheerful and laughing (cases and cases of Old Style beer helped).  I suspect they all mourned privately on their own, or after the kids went to bed.  

But what's the rest of the story on the cleaning lady and the grenade if you don't mind telling it?  

I’ll give the full story when I get to the office tomorrow.   Tried to type on the phone and was about to hit send and my phone died.    I’m too partially in the bag to do so again.   Watching Band of Brothers again.   Cheers.