Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

On 9/14/2023 at 8:26 PM, animaltobacco11 said:

I dare someone on this thread who knows baseball and the Texas Rangers to try and even attempt a defense for why Josh Smith is in the major leagues. Not even a defense of why he's in our starting line up as much as he is (as that is not fair and defensible) but how is he not getting at-bats in Round Rock this year? 

He. Sucks.

Josh Smith, 0/7 in this series, with a season BA of .182.

Make it make sense why is he in our team.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We get it. Everyone knows he’s not good. Someone has to play 3rd with jung hurt. Who is your choice?

I guess I can't imagine we don't access to someone, rather cheaply, who can hit above the mendoza line and play defense with a modicum of speed.

I didn't realize that having above average speed and decent defense was Big Show worthy, I guess.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Leclerc'd. 

First, I will fully admit with work I haven't been able to keep up as much as I want the last few weeks.

But, can someone explain why LeClerc was i. In in such a high leverage situation. Especially knowing that Clase was going to close if they got the lead. And he would be facing the #3 hitter. 

I just don't get it. I'm not trying to be a dick on this one. I just don't understand the logic

16 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

I guess I can't imagine we don't access to someone, rather cheaply, who can hit above the mendoza line and play defense with a modicum of speed.

I didn't realize that having above average speed and decent defense was Big Show worthy, I guess.

I agree.

Correct me if I am wrong. But, it's also Adolis out right? Adolis is heathy, then Jankowsky to left. Duran to 3rd base? Carter would still be in the minors?