Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

54 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jennifer Lawrence Laughing GIF by Sony Pictures

Bochy announced late this afternoon that he got pushed back another 2 to 3 weeks per Bochy. Meaning more toward the end of August vs. initial expectation of returning Aug. 10. 

Eovaldi's already had two Tommy Johns along with a flexor tendon repair. He initially described this latest issue as being on the outside of the arm which is not typically indicative of an ulnar collateral issue. But you can be sure that Rangers brass is going to tread lightly given Eovaldi's injury history and what happened to deGrom.

Maybe Eovaldi just needs the rest of August and can then contribute in September and the playoffs. That's the hope. But management has done its part to ensure the staff can compete and win without him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Is there over air radio outside the Dallas area where one can actually hear a Rangers game in central Texas in the car? I ain't doin' SiriusXM, because it sucks. 

This is what was listed from last year, not sure if it is still up to date

KTON-AM 1330 Temple

KRZI-AM 1660 Waco

KRZI-FM 99.1 Waco

Dallas / Fort Worth is 105.3 FM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

This is what was listed from last year, not sure if it is still up to date

KTON-AM 1330 Temple

KRZI-AM 1660 Waco

KRZI-FM 99.1 Waco

Dallas / Fort Worth is 105.3 FM

The latter two haven't worked for me this season. It's how I used to listen to games. I'll try to dial into KTON to see if they are still carrying them, but I think they are all the same ownership. I can't pick up The Fan out this far.

Edited by DougO

I found the game on 1260 AM, from somewhere around Austin. Staticky but listenable. But now I'm back in front of the TV.

Good to hear Eric Nadel again, though. If anybody ever deserved a Bobblehead night it's him...or maybe he deserved to not have one even better.

5 hours ago, DougO said:

Is there over air radio outside the Dallas area where one can actually hear a Rangers game in central Texas in the car? I ain't doin' SiriusXM, because it sucks. 

Try the MLB app and stream audio to your radio....and this 

https://mytuner-radio.com/radio/espn-1660-krzi-424121/

...to stream KRZI. 

Edited by beer