Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

On 8/5/2023 at 12:10 PM, DougO said:

The latter two haven't worked for me this season. It's how I used to listen to games. I'll try to dial into KTON to see if they are still carrying them, but I think they are all the same ownership. I can't pick up The Fan out this far.

So today I was out for a while and I was able to get the game on the old Waco station connections again. I had tried several other times this season before with no luck, but I think they were all weekdays, and they probably didn't want to preempt their shitshow sports talk yakkers. Like anybody really wants to hear that shit instead of real actual sports.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Brad Miller will save us!  Man if Corey is down for a bit that's half of the top six in our lineup out.  Should still be able to at least take two in Oak.

Zeke will play 3rd regularly now. Corey sat today because he’s day-to-day for the time being. I presume he’ll be taking days occasionally, preserving him as well as we can for October. I’m not sure Jung getting hurt today changes that. But Zeke will have a regular role and probably through the end of postseason. 

Sucks about Jung but I'm equally concerned about Seager. Along with Garcia, the offense / team revolves around he and Semien. The former came back a day or two earlier than expected last Wednesday and, as such, the assumption was the thumb was healed. There's no indication, now, that he'll miss more than a game here and there but once "lingering issue" is introduced then, yeah, it becomes a concern. 

Oh well. The injury thing obviously hasn't been kind to this team of late but it's again 20 games over .500 for the season and a crazy 46-game improvement over where things ended last season. Nice things are happening. No derailing that, injuries be damned. 

14 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sucks about Jung but I'm equally concerned about Seager. Along with Garcia, the offense / team revolves around he and Semien. The former came back a day or two earlier than expected last Wednesday and, as such, the assumption was the thumb was healed. There's no indication, now, that he'll miss more than a game here and there but once "lingering issue" is introduced then, yeah, it becomes a concern. 

Oh well. The injury thing obviously hasn't been kind to this team of late but it's again 20 games over .500 for the season and a crazy 46-game improvement over where things ended last season. Nice things are happening. No derailing that, injuries be damned. 

I don’t think it mattered when Seager came back. He was always going to need to rest it. Your top 3 are on point but Jung and Lowe are major contributors. We still have 3 of 5 regularly and 4 most days I would expect. And a streaky Duran. We’re alright, but I too am concerned about Seager.