2023 Texas HS Baseball and State Tournament

tx 3 putt

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

That only shows one of the balk calls, and it looked like a balk to me because he didn't stop.  

And you can't really see if that line drive was caught on the fly or not, but the SS immediately threw to 3rd, so that's either the correct call or the SS belongs in Hollywood.  

And shouldn't you be pimping CC London and Santa Gertrudis anyways?

On 5/25/2023 at 10:50 PM, F250 said:

Davenport didn't really pull any SVHS students. They got a lot of would be Cibolo-Schertz kids off of a lot of new housing developments off of 3009.

Smithson Valley did lose a lot of students to the new Pieper Ranch high school which is basically Timberwood Park and old Bulverde. It's the reason SVHS dropped down to 5A.

Davenport is a Comal ISD school so they don't get kids from other ISDs. Families might move there or end up there somehow (wink wink) but the boundaries don't get redrawn for other ISDs when a new school opens

• Hook 'Em 2

Westlake beats SA Johnson to move on to state in a tightly contested 2 game series. Johnson had 3 sophomores in Kayson Cunningham, Masa Chilcutt (UT commit), & Ty Hawkins that’re nationally ranked prospects for their class. Hawkins is a 4 star QB recruit as well. They’ll be good for awhile.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sinton won game 3. They’ll be in Austin next week 

Good reporting on the thread, 3putt !

Are you familiar with Sinton's Aidan Moody ?   Looks like a winner.   '24 grad, Perfect Game has him uncommitted.

Edited by torre

56 minutes ago, torre said:

Good reporting on the thread, 3putt !

Are you familiar with Sinton's Aidan Moody ?   Looks like a winner.   '24 grad, Perfect Game has him uncommitted.

Haven’t heard much about him, I’m sure he’ll have walk on spots available to him 

mitchell Is easily the best player out of the area since brooks kieshnik and Courtney Hawkins. He’s LSU bound or mlb 

also, this note ….

Interesting to note, the NFHS Network has pulled the on-demand stream for Sinton/Boerne Game 2 last night.

Games 1 and 3 of the series are available.

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Cy Woods sweeps The Woodlands to win Region 2 in 6A. 

Lake Creek and Magnolia West play game 3 today to decide it in Region 3 in 5A

that woodlands team was stacked, as usual but that last hump to Austin is a tough one 

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Haven’t heard much about him, I’m sure he’ll have walk on spots available to him 

mitchell Is easily the best player out of the area since brooks kieshnik and Courtney Hawkins. He’s LSU bound or mlb 

also, this note ….

Interesting to note, the NFHS Network has pulled the on-demand stream for Sinton/Boerne Game 2 last night.

Games 1 and 3 of the series are available.

Is game 2 the one with all the umpire shenanigans?

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Courtney Hawkins

There's a name I haven't heard in awhile.   Google tells me he's still playing!  He hit 48 bombs in an Indy league last year (*) and is now in Japan, hitting .191 so far.

(*) Brandon Phillips was on that team at age 41.  Hey to Derka.

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

There's a name I haven't heard in awhile.   Google tells me he's still playing!  He hit 48 bombs in an Indy league last year (*) and is now in Japan, hitting .191 so far.

(*) Brandon Phillips was on that team at age 41.  Hey to Derka.

He wasn’t as good as brooks, but 1st round mlb pick out of hs 

Edited by tx 3 putt

57 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wow.  How many years have they been open?

They’ve been around a long time but didn’t start making noise until recently. 

I miss when Corpus baseball was mostly just moody and calallen fighting to the death. Talent seems a lot more spread out now to the smaller schools.

4A BASEBALL STATE SEMIFINAL:

#5 China Spring   4
#1 Sinton                4    (Mid 8th)

WOW. Aidan Moody gets out of a bases loaded jam with nobody out with it allowing a run.

He’s been unreal. Sinton now with a chance.

#3SportsBlitz @kiii3sports @kiii3news @ashley_gonz14

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Why the hell are all the playoff rounds 3 game series, then get to the final 4 and it's just 1 game?

Not all the early rounds are 3-game series. It's a single-game unless both coaches agree to a 3-game. Or vice-versa.

And I'm sure the State Tourney all being single games is all about the facility availability. 

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Not all the early rounds are 3-game series. It's a single-game unless both coaches agree to a 3-game. Or vice-versa.

And I'm sure the State Tourney all being single games is all about the facility availability. 

has more to do with keeping it a 4 day event in austin 

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

When would the finals be at dell Diamond?  

• Friday, June 9
    • Class 3A semifinals: Boyd (38-5) vs. Maypearl (30-9), 9 a.m., Dell Diamond
    • Class 3A semifinals: Corpus Christi London (32-3-1) vs. Wall (34-6-1), Noon, Dell Diamond
    • Class 6A semifinals: Cypress Woods (38-4) vs. Flower Mound (35-10-2). 4 p.m., Dell Diamond
    • Class 6A semifinals: Westlake (40-4) vs. Pearland (37-6-1)
  • Saturday, June 10
    • Class 3A championship game, 9 a.m., Dell Diamond
    • Class 5A championship game: Magnolia West vs. Argyle, Noon, Dell Diamond
    • Class 6A championship game, 4 p.m., Dell Diamond
    •  
  • https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/high-school-sports/texas-high-school-baseball-championships-scores-schedules-box-scores/

NFHS Network will provide a live webcast of the UIL Baseball State Tournament taking place June 7 – 10, 2023 at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock and University of Texas’ Disch-Faulk Field in Austin.

Fans, family and alumni unable to attend can watch the UIL Baseball State Championships live online with a subscription at www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/uil. Subscribers can also watch on the go or at home through the NFHS Network mobile app available through iTunes or the Google Play Store, and TV app available on Roku, Amazon Fire or Apple TV.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

My roommate at Jester for Boys State back in the day played baseball at Maypearl.  What a waste of time that week was.

I got picked to go and said no thank you.  

My daughter had to interview with the Daughters of TR to get picked for Girls State, and she apparently answered the question about fealty to the flag incorrectly and was not picked. I was so proud of her.