2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Bad luck continues. No way that ball should have come so far off the wall, unless it hits just right

Obviously your left fielder needs to come in more on a ball hit like that.  I hate Drayton's gimmicky ballpark sometimes.

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Julks isn’t worth the fucking gas fare it will cost to send him to the Greyhound station or Sugarland. Fuck me there are some dead outs in this lineup right now. 

And with your statement about Julks (while true) there are at least 3 guys in tonight’s lineup worse than him and arguably a 4th. They really really pussed out at Catcher and LF. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scraps said:
41 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:
All y'all who think Yordan is a liability in LF say what?

People say that?

Yes they do. 

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Julks isn’t worth the fucking gas fare it will cost to send him to the Greyhound station or Sugarland. Fuck me there are some dead outs in this lineup right now. 

This is just stupid imo. I know he's several years older when he first got to the bigs compared to Tucker but I'll give an example anyways. Tucker batted .141 in his first 28 games. 

2 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Yes they do. 

This is just stupid imo. I know he's several years older when he first got to the bigs compared to Tucker but I'll give an example anyways. Tucker batted .141 in his first 28 games. 

He just went unselected in the rule 5 and made his debut at 27 and you're comparing him to a #5 overall pick?  He's a non prospect.

Just now, WBT said:

He just went unselected in the rule 5 and made his debut at 27 and you're comparing him to a #5 overall pick?  He's a non prospect.

The point was that some players take time to adjust to big league hitting. Tucker was the first player that came to mind. 

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It’s not freaking out to acknowledge that this team is significantly worse than last year.

Right now?  sure. If fully healthy?  Nah. We will be good. Probably. Unless everything stays against us. 
we were 11-11 last year and everyone was freaking out too. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It’s not freaking out to acknowledge that this team is significantly worse than last year.

significantly?  

Remember the Nico Goodrum experience last Apr-May?  Good times.

• Haha 2