2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Bullpen didn't look great at the start of last year and didn't really round into shape until August.  Pressly looked cooked to start the season.  Abreu was still struggling with control.  The only one who came out hot and stayed that way all season was Stanek.

That's a bit off regarding Pressly. He had 3 good appearances to start the year and then blew a save and went on the IL. On his return he blew another save. He was lights out for the rest of the year other than the Yankees comeback with Hicks I think and a blown save against Seattle in July.

12 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

That's a bit off regarding Pressly. He had 3 good appearances to start the year and then blew a save and went on the IL. On his return he blew another save. He was lights out for the rest of the year other than the Yankees comeback with Hicks I think and a blown save against Seattle in July.

That was a big steaming turd he laid on opening day. That L and breaking the opening day W streak is 100% on him

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Wulaw, why so salty this early in the season? You get yourself so worked up over things that only might happen not what actually happened. Let things play out. Then come hard if your opinions prove to be correct. 

I mean- I said we are going to win 102 games and tried to talk @Hank Chinaski off the ledge repeatedly. I call an idiot move an idiot move. Not addressing catcher was dogshit stupid. Giving Brantley 12M was absurd. Even worse though is the roster spot. I think Crane talks a lot of shit but is coasting off Luhnow greatness. I like Dana Brown though so I think we are ok. If all Crane does well is hire good GM’s we are fine and dandy. This off-season just kinda sucked. They made one good decision and that was Abreu. That was a really good decision. It’s probably enough to make us the favorite. 
I said we should have traded Yuli, Brantley and Maton before last year and got out of that 25M and gotten a real long term solution for Lf. We survived the playoffs with Lf/DH being dogshit (wherever Yordan didn’t play) so to repeat that same mistake was D U M dumb. 
Like I said- I bet the over hard (for me) at 97.5 so I’m not a doomsayer. I just recognize stupid when I see it and we had some of that the last 2 off seasons. 
but again- I said 0-10 to start the year wouldn’t phase me and I meant it. I do wish Dubon was a co-passenger on the rocket I want to put Maton on that I want to launch into the Face of the sun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rip76 said:

I think this is true.

If he got the Brown hire right (which I think he did) he can coast another decade off those 2. I will take it. I’m not complaining. I’m just pointing out that these stupid moves were made when he was calling the shots without a competent team supporting him. 

24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- I said we are going to win 102 games and tried to talk @Hank Chinaski off the ledge repeatedly. 

Man, I just don’t see 100 wins with this roster, or really anything close to it. This has all the makings of a wild card team at best. The lineup lacks depth. The rotation lacks depth. Bullpens are unreliable.

Its not a bad team; it’s just not that good either.