2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Tommy Nobis said:

Peña could ruin a wet dream

I mean, he hit it pretty hard, which was encouraging. That said, he's kept finding ways to not deliver this season. Never mind the overall W-L record with Pena batting No. 2. Last October seems flukier with every passing month. If he has it in him to be a steady contributor, let's see it. 

I just thought about how much better Tucker's hot streak would have been if Altuve and Bregman were hitting ahead of him with .371 and .343 OBP instead of mostly Dubon and Pena with .296 and .292.  Jesus wept.

Edited by WBT

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

I just thought about how much better Tucker's hot streak would have been if Altuve and Bregman with .371 and .343 OBP instead of mostly Dubon and Pena with .296 and .292.  Jesus wept.

I haven't looked at stats to verify but do you mean Yordan instead of Breggy? I ask because Breggy hasn't been out.

4 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

He got the biggest bonus in our 2022 international pool. Could be a guy we move for a deadline deal. Had a 1.177 ops in 5 games of low a ball before today.

There are some who think he’s an Absolute star waiting to happen and a top 100 prospect next year. I don’t get the sense we’d be keen on moving him. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There are some who think he’s an Absolute star waiting to happen and a top 100 prospect next year. I don’t get the sense we’d be keen on moving him. 

Yeah it would have to be a big deal like Luis Robert level, not a rental reliever.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Have we ever trotted out a worse 7-8-9 batting order? And I'm including the old NL days with pitchers batting. 

It would have to include Adam Everett I assume. Maybe during the rebuild was worse.