2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Great catch by Jake. Those on here who don’t recognize he’s really good defensively crack me up. 
this offense is such a beat down sometimes. 
also- lowest ops guys first and second is just chefs kiss Dusty. 

I wish the FO would do something about that.

Edited by David Dennison

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Great catch by Jake. Those on here who don’t recognize he’s really good defensively crack me up. 
this offense is such a beat down sometimes. 
also- lowest ops guys first and second is just chefs kiss Dusty. 

He gets good jumps. My two issues are he doesn't seem to track the ball very well sometimes and he always throws to third which allows a runner to get to second.

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Can’t believe Franze is back out here. If you are going to warm up Abreu just pitch him. 

Dusty has zero feel for a game 

Also, if you're going to keep JP in there why only give him 1 batter?

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Can’t believe Franze is back out here. If you are going to warm up Abreu just pitch him. 

Dusty has zero feel for a game 

81 pitches through 7. I can see why he did it.

Sucks it took 11 pitches to the first batter of the inning and didn’t get him 

Edited by UTexasFight

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

81 pitches through 7. I can see why he did it.

Sucks it took 11 pitches to the first batter of the inning and didn’t get him 

Wasn’t about pitches. No swing and miss and hard hit balls aplenty in 7th. I just don’t trust France oast 6th. Good inning by Abreu. 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wasn’t about pitches. No swing and miss and hard hit balls aplenty in 7th. I just don’t trust France oast 6th. Good inning by Abreu. 

I haven’t watched. Was just looking at box score

but yeah if that first AB is how his later innings were going (not able to out guys away) I agree with the “no feel” comment.

worked out anyway thankfully 

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I haven’t watched. Was just looking at box score

but yeah if that first AB is how his later innings were going (not able to out guys away) I agree with the “no feel” comment.

worked out anyway thankfully 

The 7th inning was dicey.  The DP was a hard hit ball with a really nice turn by Dubon. 
99/91/107/95 on exit velo in the 7th. 
Not a single swing and miss from the last batter in the 5th, nor any hitters in the 6th, 7th, or 8th. 
He had Abreu warmed up in the 7th. I was shocked he didn’t just get a clean inning in the 8th. Oh well, alls well that ends well. Great game by the pitchers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The 7th inning was dicey.  The DP was a hard hit ball with a really nice turn by Dubon. 
99/91/107/95 on exit velo in the 7th. 
Not a single swing and miss from the last batter in the 5th, nor any hitters in the 6th, 7th, or 8th. 
He had Abreu warmed up in the 7th. I was shocked he didn’t just get a clean inning in the 8th. Oh well, alls well that ends well. Great game by the pitchers. 

I’m sure he got greedy and wanted to squeeze one more inning out of his starter staring at a 4 game set not wanting to relive overloading the bullpen like in Anaheim…..which started after he let his starter try to get one more inning 

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’m sure he got greedy and wanted to squeeze one more inning out of his starter staring at a 4 game set not wanting to relive overloading the bullpen like in Anaheim…..which started after he let his starter try to get one more inning 

That was absolutely the thought process I’m sure. Let him take it one hitter at a time. But like I said once you heat a guy up you might as well use him. The one more inning trick for our starters has done more harm than good to our BO as you point out.