2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

This is just crazy to me. We could not get the guy out at the beginning of the year. I know he’s had a couple injuries he’s been playing through. If any guy needs a change of scenery it’s probably him.

He's not better than Pena when you consider that his glove would be really bad. Pena is fine when the team is fully healthy. You want a glove first SS, that can get hot over a month, which Pena has shown to do. For comparisons, Anderson has a career 2.7 dWAR. Pena had 2.6 in his rookie season. Anderson can't stay healhty and his best season in HRs is 20. Pena hit 22 as a rookie. Y'all are crazy to get rid of Pena, who is legitimately having a sophomore slump, but is still a better player right now than Anderson and certainly in the future.

Dubon is having a career season and as I type Pena has a better OPS.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Y'all are crazy to get rid of Pena, who is legitimately having a sophomore slump, but is still a better player right now than Anderson and certainly in the future.

Not as crazy as wanting to keep Bukauskas and Beer over Yordan