2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Same guy who mocked the appearance of a college kid at a mock caucus because that kid was in the Bernie group.

Also, I had forgotten about the DNC scum rejecting a climate-focused debate because everything was already set in stone.

Bernie's foes just slipping on every god damned banana peel in the place.

If there's one way to tamp down right-wing anti-Semitic gun nut paranoia in flyover country, it's to hand over the keys to the Democratic party to a Jewish billionaire gun control hardliner from New York City. One who wants to take away their 128-oz Buc-ee's Cokes and their smokes to boot. Once he finds out people dip, he'll try to ban that, too, or make it as expensive as fuck. He'll probably put a sin tax on Cracker Barrel while he's at it. 

He combines the Nanny State tactics of the left with the no-soup-for-you neoliberal economic policies of the center-right. Any red state teetering toward purple will instead blush red as crimson in 2020 and the DNC will point fingers, slink off to the shadows, and hide out until they can find some worse idea for 2024.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If there's one way to tamp down right-wing anti-Semitic gun nut paranoia in flyover country, it's to hand over the keys to the Democratic party to a Jewish billionaire gun control hardliner from New York City. One who wants to take away their 128-oz Buc-ee's Cokes and their smokes to boot. Once he finds out people dip, he'll try to ban that, too, or make it as expensive as fuck. He'll probably put a sin tax on Cracker Barrel while he's at it. 

He combines the Nanny State tactics of the left with the no-soup-for-you neoliberal economic policies of the center-right. Any red state teetering toward purple will instead blush red as crimson in 2020 and the DNC will point fingers, slink off to the shadows, and hide out until they can find some worse idea for 2024.

The cut of your jib. I like it.

51 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I like how you guys think that middle America will be offended by Bloomberg's Big Gulps but Bern's $25T Medicare For All will sail right on by.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how you guys think that middle America will be offended by Bloomberg's Big Gulps but Bern's $25T Medicare For All will sail right on by.  

Simple -- on the one hand, you are taking away a small pleasure, and on the other, you are giving them something life-altering. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

spends a few hours in a wine cave = wine cave pete!

spends 30 years in indiana = yeah, but he's not really from indiana.

god bless twitter.

I'd love to see some analytics on total hours spent - Pete in wine caves vs. Bernie as a member of the Democratic party vs. Warren on tribal land vs. Steyer trying to get recognition from Bernie

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me why caucuses still exist? They seem almost as antequated and stupid as letting chump states like Iowa and New Hampshire and Any Carolina have an inordinate amount of influence on our elections. All of it is stupid. Primaries should all happen on the same day and should be a straight vote per state. 

Change-My-Mind.jpg

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

Remember when Obama dusted off his shoulder after a gossipy nasty debate with Hillary in 2008?
Same thing. 

And the PUMA crowd was fucking furious.

The Hillary line on primary night was frothing with rage at the Obama Bro line. White lady rage is powerful.

So many managers getting called.
  • Like 1

Literally aggy. They're obsessed. And yet the Bros will yell at us about unity if Bernie wins. 

Hillary was on a podcast earlier that same day attacking Bernie.

2-3 days earlier she was on stage lying her ass off attacking him.

Last week she was in Sundance debuting her Hulu show saying "no one likes him" and attacking him with bullshit and lies.

All completely unprovoked. He doesn't go after her ever. He didn't even go after her in 2016.

dril with the JS1 impression

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Simple -- on the one hand, you are taking away a small pleasure, and on the other, you are giving them something life-altering. 

I'm starting to think the Bernie voters are a distant cousin to the Ron Paul voters.

Fuck around all you want.  RBG ain't gonna live forever.

Joe's nice to us, so we're nice to him.

Talk shit, get hit.

Also, Rogan is a better human being than Hillary. By a fairly wide margin, really.

And the Bernie Bros are "anyone who voted for her".

Think about where you are in your life when you find yourself white-knighting for Hillary Clinton.

The cult member has spoken. You spend all of your time online alienating people who you’ll need not only to win an election but to build a movement. A movement that will be required to pass the legislation you profess to support. You should be attacking Trump supporters rather than anyone on the left that is to the right of you. But you’re a Bernie Bro, and that’s why no one takes you seriously. They know you’ll find a way to vote for some fringe idiot if Sanders doesn’t get the nomination, and then blame the election loss on ‘White Liberals.’

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The cult member has spoken. You spend all of your time online alienating people who you’ll need not only to win an election but to build a movement. A movement that will be required to pass the legislation you profess to support. You should be attacking Trump supporters rather than anyone on the left that is to the right of you. But you’re a Bernie Bro, and that’s why no one takes you seriously. They know you’ll find a way to vote for some fringe idiot if Sanders doesn’t get the nomination, and then blame the election loss on ‘White Liberals.’

Congrats on your McSweenys article!

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/i-support-strong-women-of-color-unless-they-are-politically-to-my-left

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

You should be attacking Trump supporters rather than anyone on the left that is to the right of you. But you’re a Bernie Bro, and that’s why no one takes you seriously. They know you’ll find a way to vote for some fringe idiot if Sanders doesn’t get the nomination, and then blame the election loss on ‘White Liberals.’

Oh no, I don't have the respect of a board full of center-right guys who will be Republicans again as soon as Josh Hawley becomes the vanguard? Damn, that's disappointing.

You can be a big boy and make your own choices. If your support for fascism hinges on whether or not an anonymous Internet poster is nice to you then you're a pathetic person.

I would love to know how much you've ever actually done in the real world to support progressive movements. I have a feeling all I'll hear on that is wind chimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rashida is a bigger and better person than Hillary

My statement regarding last night: “I am so incredibly in love with the movement that our campaign of #NotMeUs has created. This makes me protective over it and frustrated by attempts to dismiss the strength and diversity of our movement. (1/4)

“However, I know what is at stake if we don't unify over one candidate to beat Trump and I intend to do everything possible to ensure that Trump does not win in 2020. (2/4)

“In this instance, I allowed my disappointment with Secretary Clinton's latest comments about Senator Sanders and his supporters get the best of me. You all, my sisters-in-service on stage, and our movement deserve better. (3/4)

“I will continue to strive to come from a place of love and not react in the same way of those who are against what we are building in this country. This is about building a just and equitable future for my two boys, children across the country, and future generations." (4/4)

I don't like Hillary Clinton. At all. I happily voted for Bernie in 2016. 

But it's be really nice if the Sanders campaign and supporters could have a little discipline here. Yes, Hillary has basically turned into a shitposter, but the Bernie people take the bait EVERY SINGLE TIME. 

You know what would be a much more powerful statement? Ignore her. Show some fucking discipline. No voters want to relitigate 2016. Eyes forward, please. 

• Like 1

I don't like Hillary Clinton. At all. I happily voted for Bernie in 2016. 
But it's be really nice if the Sanders campaign and supporters could have a little discipline here. Yes, Hillary has basically turned into a shitposter, but the Bernie people take the bait EVERY SINGLE TIME. 
You know what would be a much more powerful statement? Ignore her. Show some fucking discipline. No voters want to relitigate 2016. Eyes forward, please. 
Yeah, I mean most of us hate Hillary but Bernie and his surrogates really should exercise some self control here. It's funny but it's not a great look. Not if you want to win anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was responding to the Tweet Js1 posted, honeybunch. You and I posted at the same time.

So we have a figurehead who is constantly attacking (Hillary) and supporters that do the same (#StillWithHer).
And a figurehead who never attacks (Bernie) and supporters who do (Bros).

The distinction between active and retired is irrelevent if the retired person is constantly seeking the public spotlight to continue acting like a politician in a race. We're not talking about W, who makes it a point to not stick his nose in. Hillary is an active personality in politics even if she isn't running for an office. It's an asinine distinction.

But this idea of winning people over or losing people should reflect in some way, shouldn't it? Because all we see in this thread whining about Bernie Bros is the same fucking people who always whine about Bernie Bros. You guys are not going to be "won over", so all this "be nice to me or you won't win me over" is disingenuous horseshit.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I was responding to the Tweet Js1 posted, honeybunch. You and I posted at the same time.

So we have a figurehead who is constantly attacking (Hillary) and supporters that do the same (#StillWithHer).
And a figurehead who never attacks (Bernie) and supporters who do (Bros).

The distinction between active and retired is irrelevent if the retired person is constantly seeking the public spotlight to continue acting like a politician in a race. We're not talking about W, who makes it a point to not stick his nose in. Hillary is an active personality in politics even if she isn't running for an office. It's an asinine distinction.

But this idea of winning people over or losing people should reflect in some way, shouldn't it? Because all we see in this thread whining about Bernie Bros is the same fucking people who always whine about Bernie Bros. You guys are not going to be "won over", so all this "be nice to me or you won't win me over" is disingenuous horseshit.

The difference is, Hillary people will vote for Bernie if he's the nominee. I'm not so sure Bernie Bros will do the same if Biden is the nominee.

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, David Dennison said:

The difference is, Hillary people will vote for Bernie if he's the nominee. I'm not so sure Bernie Bros. will do the same if Biden is the nominee.

We have only one point of evidence for this and it's counter to what you're trying to argue.

25% of Hillary's base went to McCain after Hillary leaked Obama's "Muslim garb" and the Rev Wright "God damn America" video.

You can "not be sure", but it's because you're only seeing what you want to see and evidence doesn't matter to you.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The difference is, Hillary people will vote for Bernie if he's the nominee. I'm not so sure Bernie Bros will do the same if Biden is the nominee.

They won’t. It’s a one way street with them. Or as Rashida called the 75ish % not backing Bernie in primary polling, “the haters” 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

We have only one point of evidence for this and it's counter to what you're trying to argue.

25% of Hillary's base went to McCain after Hillary leaked Obama's "Muslim garb" and the Rev Wright "God damn America" video.

You can "not be sure", but it's because you're only seeing what you want to see and evidence doesn't matter to you.

Sure.