2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

“Bernie could only write about rape fantasies. Can’t get it done! Look at how many rape accusations there are against me. That’s getting it done!”

"Folks, do you want someone who can only get things half-way done? Very sad!"

• Like 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

So with the Senate "trial" probably over today, does that actually help Liz, Bernie, and Klobs since they will be able to come back to Iowa this weekend?  Or were they coming back anyway?

I definitely think it helps everyone who was stuck in the Senate, people want to see you in person. Also I have struggled to keep up with the trial, is Trump really going to be acquitted today?

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

So with the Senate "trial" probably over today, does that actually help Liz, Bernie, and Klobs since they will be able to come back to Iowa this weekend?  Or were they coming back anyway?

They will all be back if it ends today. Liz was talking about leaving the trial anyway if it went on. 

I think it hurts Biden and his 50 person audiences. 

She's down in practically every poll of Iowa.  She was down 5 points since August in the latest Monmouth poll and will be lucky to hold off Kloby.  Even Elliott Morris' poll, which is just put out to pump Warren and bring down Sanders' numbers, has her down recently.  She has no shot of winning that state.  I'm sure though if she finishes second there will be no shortage of takes considering her to be the "real" winner by beating expectations.

The interesting thing to me right now is the impact of Bloomentum and how his rise could make it even more difficult for Biden.  

If anyone was a genuine fan of Booker or Castro, this should absolutely infuriate you. Gillibrand, even.

All of these candidates spent money and time chasing donor totals that they could've used to do things to boost poll #s. The DNC set the rules, they followed, and as soon as a billionaire who was a Republican 10 minutes ago buys his way in, the corrupt DNC changes the rules.

This is unacceptable. That organization needs to be burned to the ground.

[edit]

If I was on Bernie's team, I would be making direct appeals to the fanbases of those candidates screwed over by the DNC with a promise that the rules under Bernie's DNC will be consistent and will be built in a way that will actively exclude billionaires, not cater to them by screwing over experienced lifelong progressives.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If anyone was a genuine fan of Booker or Castro, this should absolutely infuriate you. Gillibrand, even.

All of these candidates spent money and time chasing donor totals that they could've used to do things to boost poll #s. The DNC set the rules, they followed, and as soon as a billionaire who was a Republican 10 minutes ago buys his way in, the corrupt DNC changes the rules.

This is unacceptable. That organization needs to be burned to the ground.

+1

Just now, Js1 said:

Meh. Y’all bitching about nothing. This debate will be after Iowa and NH have voted. At this point, polling % or delegates matter more than donors. Votes will have been cast and votes now matters. 

This is bullshit. The majority of these candidates worked their asses off to meet the donor threshold, and Bloomberg buying his way into the race and being rewarded with this significant rule change that was specifically designed for him is a fucking joke. Fuck the DNC. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Meh. Y’all bitching about nothing. This debate will be after Iowa and NH have voted. At this point, polling % or delegates matter more than donors. Votes will have been cast and votes now matters. 

Iowa and NH account for 80 out of 3979 pledged delegates.

Yes, they are of outsized importance, but a candidate can win after failing those two states.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is bullshit. The majority of these candidates worked their asses off to meet the donor threshold, and Bloomberg buying his way into the race and being rewarded with this significant rule change that was specifically designed for him is a fucking joke. Fuck the DNC. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's a civil war, and that helps the foreign enemy.

A war against Bloomberg (a Republican until 10/18) and the DNC (a weak, bankrupt organization) is not a civil war.

This is a unifying war. This gives us something pure to hate together.

Every candidate should be screaming bloody murder at the DNC for not changing the rules to keep  minority and women candidates onstage but changing them for a Republican billionaire who threw some of his pocket change at them.

As I've said over and over again, THIS is the war. The war for the soul of the Democratic Party is the war that matters, because once we are the party of the minority and working classes we will become the dominant political force in America.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Thrill as dead-enders pretend to not understand the difference between denotative and connotative meanings of words and how those differ in use!

Look, all of these pro-Bernie groups have been attacking Pete for months. There was a recent 500k digital ad buy to attack Biden and Buttigieg. 

And in the end, it will work. The minute I saw that Justice Dems, DSA, Sunrise, etc. had focused their attacks on Pete, I knew he was screwed. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

From the article:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In conversations on the sidelines of a DNC executive committee meeting and in telephone calls and texts in recent days, about a half-dozen members have discussed the possibility of a policy reversal to ensure that so-called superdelegates can vote on the first ballot at the party’s national convention. Such a move would increase the influence of DNC members, members of Congress and other top party officials, who now must wait until the second ballot to have their say if the convention is contested.

“I do believe we should re-open the rules. I hear it from others as well,” one DNC member said in a text message last week to William Owen, a DNC member from Tennessee who does not support re-opening the rules.

Owen, who declined to identify the member, said the member added in a text that “It would be hard though. We could force a meeting or on the floor.”

Even proponents of the change acknowledge it is all but certain not to gain enough support to move past these initial conversations. But the talks reveal the extent of angst that many establishment Democrats are feeling on the eve of the Iowa caucuses.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

giphy.gif

I mean at this point we really ought to just put the office of the presidency on the open market.

Why go to the trouble of all these tedious primaries with their no-hope candidates angling to sell books or land cabinet jobs, endless pesky text messages, robocalls, meaningless polls, sophomoric gotcha moments at vacuous debates, all the Orwellian TV ads...away with it all.

Auction it off like a fucking prize pig.

Proceeds go to Wall Street, Big Pharma, Big War, Silicon Valley, and Big Food, just as they do now anyway.

Let our Republic's dying breath be an honest one, if nothing else.

• Like 3