Nashville

Pokoloco

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/20/2023 at 2:29 PM, BHMCruiser said:

Stay at the Omni. It's nice and relatively inexpensive, centrally located, and attached to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Plus the Bob's Steak & Chop House in the lobby is reliably good.  

If you’re looking for relatively inexpensive and location, I would probably go with the Hampton/Hyatt/Drury group that is right there. On-site parking, right next to Southern Steak and Oyster / Etch, and 2ish blocks off the lively end of Broadway. You can also stay cheaper up near the capital (Indigo/Courtyard) and eat at Skull’s Rainbow Room / Puckett’s / Jeff Ruby’s (all much better than anything around Broadway other than Southern/Merchants) and have a 4ish block walk down to Broadway.

• 3 weeks later...

Returned from Nashville.  Had a decent time @ The Gulch.  Lulu lemon vegan hotties and milfs errwhere.  Their gentrification game is strong—lots of construction might be a turnoff for many. When construction is complete, it will be a very cool spot.  

005F0390-CEB0-4CA1-BFE1-73A5DE2CCD82.jpeg

93949848-C836-48AA-9DBD-46E727D7C3D3.jpeg

A7A586E5-824E-4EAE-BF32-41F5841CDBA6.jpeg

D6AAD2AF-448B-4BBA-A2AB-A54401F4FEA3.jpeg

256090ED-D4EB-4584-A326-E3397F84EBEE.jpeg

33EF78A7-DCE9-4739-A6C5-41020268C8A7.jpeg

876339A5-39B3-4006-8E7A-A7FC17D1CE70.jpeg

4322804B-ACC3-49B7-B610-580853B3AF49.jpeg

19E97013-F145-4E2F-9DBD-225CF9E59505.jpeg

B4173807-4CC2-4031-AAA0-B7270B7A6AC4.jpeg

41DFE92B-728B-43CB-BCEB-58BA44358DAA.jpeg

FD9CE1CF-FEB1-4918-A80D-0FE457DC2D7E.jpeg

49CC6B1C-7E5F-41E9-B388-0CAE7CC30D64.jpeg

6CF49BEF-D0A1-4506-B243-FE005435C5A5.jpeg

E8E0E71B-1116-4BC8-963B-4582F7FE5316.jpeg

DF6A02CD-D9CD-480F-B159-6B110B39A7CB.jpeg

7BA25222-9998-4BD0-AABC-41D199EC526C.jpeg

5FF2268C-55F3-4248-9D30-E616E6077EAB.jpeg

1A3A9ADD-3C33-4799-ACD4-F99645DDD7D1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s like austin, the construction will never be complete. 

...and just like Austin, "Old Nashville" won't stop complaining.  Talked to a customer last week who was complaining that he doesn't recognize Nashville anymore and how sad it is.  Yeah, never heard that around here.  Old Austin and Old Nashville should pair up.

selena s GIF

I was in Nashville for a few days earlier this month. We got a good deal at the Loew's on Vanderbilt's campus. Nice hotel and it was cheap due to timing, but not a good location for touristy stuff. 

I thought Nashville was okay. Of the 7 places we stopped on a long road trip, I would rank it last. It's basically Austin with some CMT elements. I don't regret stopping by, but I go to Austin all of the time, thanks.

We went to see the downtown fireworks on the 4th, which are a big thing there. It rained for a bit, so Brad Paisley's pre-fireworks concert was delayed. The fucking guy played on and on. It's like 10:30 in sweltering humidity and they haven't launched a single firework. Total bust. We ate at the Hampton Social before that and it was a terrific place in downtown to grab a bite with a bunch of good female scenery.

Went to the Grand Ole Opry tour and everyone enjoyed that. It was a nice 90 minute excursion. 

Went to the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum the following day. That was also a fun 2 hour excursion. Heard later that we really should have visited the Johnny Cash Museum but my kids were a bit museum'ed out by then. 

Took my boys walking with me across the Vanderbilt campus. Their baseball stadium looked fun, then I remembered the fucking whistler and spasmed. The football stadium is under major construction. I figure it will be completed ahead of 2024, so I wonder if Texas plays a role in their denouement of the re-launch that season? Anyway, not a ton of hot ass on Vandy's campus during a holiday week. To be expected, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, texasdago said:

...and just like Austin, "Old Nashville" won't stop complaining.  Talked to a customer last week who was complaining that he doesn't recognize Nashville anymore and how sad it is.  Yeah, never heard that around here.  Old Austin and Old Nashville should pair up.

selena s GIF

Yes except Nashville sucks AND has always sucked

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

Headed there for 4 days starting Friday. Staying in music row area.

Any suggestions for a music studio to tour in that area.

We are doing the Ryland/grand ole opry and city tour- 3 1/2 hours -get you entrance to both those places.

Also restaurants in that area? Music row .

Finally any live music venues that are off the beaten path of broadway? No interest in the jam packed redneck type places but love to see a more intimate singer/songwriter type show.

I’m staying far away from broadway with the exception of the predators game Saturday night.

2 hours ago, txduck87 said:

We are doing the Ryland/grand ole opry and city tour- 3 1/2 hours -get you entrance to both those places.

Finally any live music venues that are off the beaten path of broadway? No interest in the jam packed redneck type places but love to see a more intimate singer/songwriter type show.

I’m staying far away from broadway with the exception of the predators game Saturday night.

The bars along Division usually have live music. It’s usually a younger crowd as it’s pulling from Vanderbilt and the new condo developments through there.

The Chef and I and Patterson House are both in that area as well as Hattie B’s if you want to give it a try. There really isn’t much there outside the bars and quick service places though. You can easily take a 5 minute ride over to the Gulch and SoBro areas and open up other opportunities like Kayne Prime, Martin’s Biscuit Love, Etch, Milk and Honey, etc. The capital area also isn’t far and has Skull’s Rainbow Room (in Printer’s Alley) which usually has music along with excellent food, Puckett’s, etc.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Try not to get drugged and raped 

One of my partners that works our office there was at a bar this past spring and got roofied. He’s in his 50’s. He doesn’t remember anything from the bar, woke up the next morning in his apartment beat up and everything of value gone. 

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Brew said:

One of my partners that works our office there was at a bar this past spring and got roofied. He’s in his 50’s. He doesn’t remember anything from the bar, woke up the next morning in his apartment beat up and everything of value gone. 

Lot of stories like this

On 10/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, txduck87 said:

Just got back a few weeks ago, did the Ryman tour, cool. Johnny Cash museum was great I thought. Favorite place for music on broadway for us was Laylas- if David Graham is playing he's worth a watch. Damn entertaining. We ate at Etch, very nice. Went to the opry on Saturday, no big names, but it was fun.