RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

not linking - but CNN has an article that Aaron Rodgers says he choose his football career over being the VP candidate. 
LOL if true & LOL if A-Aron is making shit up

I'm sure the Jets are thrilled with Aaron saying he would have ditched them leaving them high and dry to go be VP candidate for a failure campaign of a looney ass candidate.

20 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm sure the Jets are thrilled with Aaron saying he would have ditched them leaving them high and dry to go be VP candidate for a failure campaign of a looney ass candidate.

Their owner is a magat loon, IIRC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I love that some people still think this buffoon hurts Biden more than Trump.  JFC

just goes to show that even among a relatively smart and educated group there are some dum-dums

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

I just love the idea that an intelligent man would consider hitching his VP wagon to such an unelectable nutjob.

Oh wait, we're talking about A-aron?  Never mind, carry on.  My bad.

Inside RFK Jr. VP pick Nicole Shanahan’s conspiratorial beliefs (nbcnews.com)

In 2022, Shanahan discovered Dr. Jack Kruse, a neurosurgeon turned paleo-diet advocate and wellness guru, whose ideas around so-called natural healing would become central to her beliefs about autism and beyond. 

“It was actually Jack Kruse that made me realize that perhaps there was something related to the way that the brain was responding to some kind of outside influence, and how to heal the brain,” Shanahan said in March on famed music producer Rick Rubin’s podcast. “That made me think completely differently about autism.” 

Kruse’s ideas — including that sunscreen is unnecessary, that genital sunbathing promotes fertility, and that Covid was a “compliance test” designed to keep people indoors, plotted by world leaders with plans to overturn the global economy — exist far outside the mainstream. Central to them all is the power of the sun to heal nearly all chronic disease, including autism.

Kruse, who lives in El Salvador, said in a recent phone interview that Shanahan called him in 2022 to ask for his advice regarding Echo’s treatment. He explained to her, “through a punch in the mouth,” that she was in fact responsible for her daughter’s autism for myriad reasons: because of the vaccines she had allowed her to receive, the artificial lights she turned on, the electromagnetic radiation pumping through her home. Shanahan took it well, Kruse said, even when he accused her husband, Brin, of being part of a plot between Big Tech and the government to use blue light as a means of control after Sept. 11. “It’s about surveillance,” Kruse said. 

Pics from the rally in Austin so you can see if you recognize any of these fucking weirdos.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

The very first anti-vaxxer I ever met … or even heard of … was at Les Amis Cafe (aka the "Marxist Meat Market") two blocks from UT campus. In 1991 or 1992. 

Anti-Vaxxer/UT Leftist

She was from upper middle class Houston family, in grad school, and was into everything “all-natural.” 

— Standard “Leftist" ideology: Against corporations, capitalism, and what is now called “Big Pharma.”  Said we could not trust vaccines, that they might be worse than the diseases they prevent. When I pointed out that everyone sitting at the Cafe and walking by was likely a UT student and thus vaccinated and seemingly healthy, she basically just shrugged: "Well, you can't trust capitalist medical corporations …” That was essence of her argument. (Obviously, we had a longer conversation, just keeping it brief here). 

The Left Moves Away from Science… at UT and Around the World

In the late 1980s-early 1990s … with the demise of the Cold War and full knowledge of USSR’s bloody totalitarianism … the Leftist ideology began to radically change: Starting to become anti-science, pro-religion, and very very cultural relativist. Rather than abandon Marxism, they decided to abandon science and any universal/objective claims to know empirical realit.y (Yes, I have read Popper, Einstein, and all the major discussions on these topics.)

— I read this in books and heard this at UT: “all beliefs are relative and equal except the belief in capitalism, which was inherently bad.”  (Of course, this is a huge logical fallacy)

I literally heard the following argument stated by 2-3 Leftist grad students at UT:

— “science is an extension of capitalism and thus cannot be considered an objective way of knowing the world or finding universal truths.” 

They literally believed that capitalism was the underlying bedrock of all belief systems and worldviews. If any science was funded by government taxes and/or corporations in a largely capitalist society, then by definition: all science was the tool and knowledge in service to capital … not a means of understanding empirical reality.

— Naturally, I asked how Darwin and evolution were bogus ploys by capitalism? How the discoveries of Galileo, Copernicus, and Newton were made in service to capital? I asked how the UT McDonald Observatory was a tool of capitalism? I recall saying I guess Hubble’s discovery of the Big Bang must have been just a capitalist ploy for unlimited consumption of Earth’s resources.

— I told the Leftists that they merely brought empirical science down to the level of creationism and fundamentalism and Reagan-Falwell. And this would cause huge problems in society.

Astonishingly, to me at the time, these Leftist grad students basically stood by their beliefs. 

33 Years Later, Here We Are.

These beliefs are central to MAGA-GQP-RFKjr, fueling anti-science and conspiracy, and are helping power the idiot-world collapse of American democracy.

And I first encountered them on the Left. 

Edited by BevoAbyss