Recommend me a 3 monitor hub thingy

That will control three monitors from one laptop through a regular USB connection, not usb C, that actually works.

I bought one off Amazon but it sucks.

Thanks and I’ll hang up and listen.
How much did the one you bought cost?

23 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That will control three monitors from one laptop through a regular USB connection, not usb C, that actually works.

I bought one off Amazon but it sucks.

Thanks and I’ll hang up and listen.

This is not a thing. That's not how this works.

• Hook 'Em 1

Seriously though, I'm seeing 49" ultra-wide monitors from the low end of $700 up to a couple of grand.  I have 3 external monitors for my laptop.  One I connect to the HDMI port on my computer.  Another one plugs into my USB-C port.  The other connects to the DVI port on a port replicator thing that I bought and connects to one of my regular USB ports.  I don't do any heavy graphics stuff, so it works fine for me.

16 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

I'm seeing 49" ultra-wide monitors from the low end of $700 up to a couple of grand. 

the RTings recs are between 1500 and 1600 and i would love to have one, but never will.

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

i think you already have your monitors, but if not you might consider one these

image.png.6d256588599506ffc50d1ee30cf2f445.png

it's about like having 2.5 monitors and you only need one connection.

it's actually like having 2 27" 1440p monitors.  and it has almost a million fewer pixels than a 4k monitor. and costs more.  and i doubt that cheap startech thing could drive it (looks like each hdmi port can only drive a single 1080p peasant resolution screen).

@tbone_ needs to tell us what computer he has

Edited by elfenix

On 6/30/2023 at 2:56 PM, elfenix said:

it's actually like having 2 27" 1440p monitors.  and it has almost a million fewer pixels than a 4k monitor. and costs more.  and i doubt that cheap startech thing could drive it (looks like each hdmi port can only drive a single 1080p peasant resolution screen).

@tbone_ needs to tell us what computer he has

yeah, not sure i would drop $1K on it.  i got mine heavily discounted for ~$150, and you do give up some real estate vs 3 monitors..  I like that i can hook my work laptop in through one HDMI port and my home comp in through another and don't have to mess with driving the video through my switcher.  also less power cables, hdmi cables etc..