🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Β 

Spoiler

Dawned on me that I could've gotten Dotel instead of Berkman and had a Dotel/Jackson combo.Β 

image.png.fdad9d1310609b055db6b6bf23aae5c1.png

Β 

• Hook 'Em 1

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 200 9/9:
Rarity: 150
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Β 

Spoiler

Learned my lesson enough on the stat columns that you gotta go with the low hanging fruit. Luckily I had Folty on my fantasy team that year. Was a little surprised at the low numbers on Nomo, Orel, and Pedro.Β 

Β 

image.png.91aa7deda5ba89c697ba49fdcf69b6ec.png

Β 

• Hook 'Em 1

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 205 9/9:

Rarity: 254

IMMACULATE!

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

I could only think of obvious 2000 K guys, so I leaned into going for popular answers.Β  I thought Bo would be higher

Screenshot_20231024_183036_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13602db7a22b3ccdff36af96807c30ba.jpg

Β 

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

ugh... WAR? Seriously?

Β 

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 207 9/9:
Rarity: 254
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Β  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b51ef8be9876eff8ec48c5cd714fa291.png

Β 

6+WAR is easier than Negro League/MLB players.

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

haha I knew exactly 3 names for those and they all fit

Satchel Paige, Cool Papa Bell and Josh Gibson? Once you get past that, I don't know that many. I also don't know Bell or Gibson even appeared in MLB games. I don't think Jackie Robinson played any in the Negro Leagues -- did he? (Guess I could look it up since he'd be an obvious one for the Dodgers.)

I've gotten addicted to this thing. Played it off and on for a week or so and then forgot about It until this thread and pouring over Baseball Reference with the Rangers going as deep in the playoffs as they have. The other sports are really, really hard for various reasons. Other sports players don't move around as much, or they didn't until more recently. I love hockey and have a pretty good feel for it but apparently not enough for this game. Forget soccer.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Satchel Paige, Cool Papa Bell and Josh Gibson? Once you get past that, I don't know that many. I also don't know Bell or Gibson even appeared in MLB games. I don't think Jackie Robinson played any in the Negro Leagues -- did he? (Guess I could look it up since he'd be an obvious one for the Dodgers.)

I've gotten addicted to this thing. Played it off and on for a week or so and then forgot about It until this thread and pouring over Baseball Reference with the Rangers going as deep in the playoffs as they have. The other sports are really, really hard for various reasons. Other sports players don't move around as much, or they didn't until more recently. I love hockey and have a pretty good feel for it but apparently not enough for this game. Forget soccer.

Jackie, Satchel, and Gibson.Β 

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 212 9/9:
Rarity: 96
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:

Β 

Spoiler

I like the 1st round pick category. Made me think of all those "rated rookie" baseball cards of dudes who never ended up doing shit. Van Poppel is at the top of that list.Β 

Β 

image.png.521117533a3f5905f364c2e4b86b66e3.png

Β 

• Hook 'Em 1

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 212 8/9:
Rarity: 154
🟩🟩⬜️
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Spoiler

I didn't like the draft category but only because I didn't know any.Β  Zito was a guess based on always hearing the complaint about Moneyball leaving out their first round pitchers - were Hudson and Mulder also 1st rounders?Β  And yeah, Jefferies was a guess based on his rookie card hype.

Scrap Iron two days in a row was good though.

Screenshot_20231031_085421_Chrome.thumb.jpg.66b0ce3484c3a09496cfb9dbcd3305e5.jpg

Β 

Edited by WBT