RIP Randy Meisner original bassist of The Eagles

TexasGary

On 7/29/2023 at 4:54 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Really?  I mean, I know it's bait, but come on.

Yeah, really. And no, not trying to bait anyone. No argument. Just hard for me to believe.  But then again, I wasn’t a huge Sinead fan, so…

On 8/1/2023 at 11:57 PM, NTVTXN said:

Yeah, really. And no, not trying to bait anyone. No argument. Just hard for me to believe.  But then again, I wasn’t a huge Sinead fan, so…

Eagles suck ass and this dude wasn't even in the band anymore.  Was he memorable?  Not to me, evidently.

Sinead, on the other hand, was extremely memorable as an artist and activist and her passing was likely not from natural causes.  Apples and oranges, dude.

She had one song. The only reason anyone knows about her is because she ripped up a picture of the pope on live TV. I have no doubt that she was tremendously helpful as an activist and applaud her efforts. But to suggest that Miesner was insignificant to pop culture simply because he was irrelevant to you or because you dislike The Eagles is ridiculous. He was part of the one of the biggest selling group acts in music history and a whole bunch of songs that he was a part of are still played regularly on the radio and are a big part of pop culture.

• Like 1

I won't get into a pissing match about Meisner's importance, but if you think Sinead had "one song" you are sorely mistaken.  She had one massive hit, but a gold album and a double platinum album point to a bit more reach, along with four additional gold albums by various ratings services.

She's kinda like Los Lobos -- so identified by one song that her body of work is somehow diminished.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

And there you go. She was insignificant to me, so I had absolutely no idea that she had accomplished anything other than that song. I do recognize that what she did on SNL that night was part of a larger shakeup still reverberating to this day. RIP to both of them.