Snotty Alty Punky Garagey Rock

jimmyjazz

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 3:59 PM, creeper said:

For mid-90s Austin live shows, it was hard to beat Superchunk, New Bomb Turks, the Dwarves, and--more locally--Glorium.  Those bands always brought it... the Dwarves maybe a bit too much.  No idea how the Turks are still doing it...

I read that list in Johnny Walker's voice. 

(rest in peace)

• Hook 'Em 1

aadc95ce214db32741b68adde9751202.jpg
Saw these guys at the Fry Street Fair. Also at an event in front of Dallas City Hall where they pulled up in this hearse, plugged in an climbed on top to play.

This is from the Fry Street Fair. In the background in the first frame is the Delta Lodge frat house, better known as Sammie House. One year we were watching from that little balcony. Dude went into the upstairs kitchen, filled a bucket with water, came back out on the balcony and dumped it on two Denton Cops below. Hilarity was intense but brief.

Band was legendary enough for Rev Horton Heat to write a song about them called “Loco Gringos Like a Party”

My buddies band from back in the 90s. They pretty much owned the Dallas heavy scene for a handful of years. Never could break through though.

My buddies band from back in the 90s. They pretty much owned the Dallas heavy scene for a handful of years. Never could break through though.

• Like 1