The Jews Did This. What the Fuck is Wrong With You, Israel?

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I didn't see a thread, but would love to hear the surly collectives' thoughts on what is happening in Israel regarding judicial reforms. I have no idea what's happening, but it seems like it's a big deal?

3 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Think about the types of folks who often blame "activist judges" for everything wrong in America.  Now imagine what people who think this way would like to do to the judiciary if they were in power.   Now imagine here is actually Israel.

Yeah. Imagine if a bunch of far right wing conservatives, which is the party doing this in Israil, decided that they didn't like the power of the judiciary to claim certain things illegal or unconstituation and were perpetually striking down the overreach of a far right legislature, so they would go ahead and gut the power of the judiciary so they could do whatever they want. 

Or, in a the terms of checks and balances, they removed the judiiary as one of the checks that keeps things balanced. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Imagine if a bunch of far right wing conservatives, which is the party doing this in Israil, decided that they didn't like the power of the judiciary to claim certain things illegal or unconstituation and were perpetually striking down the overreach of a far right legislature,

And when you’re too far right wing for the Israeli Supreme Court, you’re pretty far fucking right wing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Imagine if a bunch of far right wing conservatives, which is the party doing this in Israil, decided that they didn't like the power of the judiciary to claim certain things illegal or unconstituation and were perpetually striking down the overreach of a far right legislature, so they would go ahead and gut the power of the judiciary so they could do whatever they want. 

Or, in a the terms of checks and balances, they removed the judiiary as one of the checks that keeps things balanced. 

So I just listened to a podcast about this and it's even worse as I understand it. There is no other body of electors (eg House and Senate) that can act as a check on bills passed by a slim majority in the Knesset, and there is no executive veto power. So in essence the judicial branch wasn't just another check on the balance of power, it was the only check. And they've decided to do away with that entirely.

Scary stuff.

27 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So I just listened to a podcast about this and it's even worse as I understand it. There is no other body of electors (eg House and Senate) that can act as a check on bills passed by a slim majority in the Knesset, and there is no executive veto power. So in essence the judicial branch wasn't just another check on the balance of power, it was the only check. And they've decided to do away with that entirely.

Scary stuff.

It’s called Foreshadowing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

• 2 months later...

Musk apparently won’t be happy until crypto currency scams and the online Hitler store are the only advertisers left on X:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/16/elon-musk-calls-antisemitic-tweet-the-actual-truth.html

• Musk agreed with a tweet that said Jewish people have been pushing “dialectical hatred” against whites, and later criticized the Anti-Defamation League.
  • “Notorious antisemites are celebrating what they see as Musk’s complete conversion to blatant expressions of Jew hatred,” said one hate crimes expert. “When we saw similar rants from Ye last October, anti-Jewish hate crime spiked across the country,”
  • Musk leads half a dozen companies that collectively employ around 150,000 people worldwide, including SpaceX, Tesla, The Boring Co., Neuralink, X Corp. and his latest venture, xAI.

• 2 weeks later...

So Elmo is meeting with Israeli leaders, and apparently a bunch of his followers are angry that he's not asking Hamas about Biden or something.  I have no idea what is going on, because it seems like a lot of MAGA hates Israel and loves the Jews or hates the Jews and loves Israel or something.

On 11/17/2023 at 1:01 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Wow. Congrats on this post, WTB. 

Thanks. It’s true. I don’t think the term is going to catch on but I think it’s meaning is clear and accurate. It’s a perfectly cromulent word.

I suspect you were being facetious but I’m standing by it. 

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So Elmo is meeting with Israeli leaders, and apparently a bunch of his followers are angry that he's not asking Hamas about Biden or something.  I have no idea what is going on, because it seems like a lot of MAGA hates Israel and loves the Jews or hates the Jews and loves Israel or something.

There's no money to be made selling Starlink to Palestinians, it seems Israel is the cash cow he wants to start milking. Elon fanboys aren't thinking about this like a billionaire, but I'm sure they will come around to support him like they always do.