#13Oregon Ducks @ Texas Tech Red Raiders

10 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Tech not taking care of business

first time To start a season 0-2 in 33 years

Weird stat that is more a function of scheduling than this team being the worst in 33 years.

QB has to protect the ball, especially in the RedZone when it almost certainly cost Tech points.  Lots of Tech folks are mad about Shough, but I thought he played about 95% of a badass game and felt like his rushing threat kept a sputtering offense in it early.  The defense played their ass off with multiple 3&outs/ short possessions for the Ducks.

There's plenty to improve upon, and a few things to hang their hats on.  I still hate the "60 Minutes of Us" mantra.  I get that it's trying to play off the "40 minutes of Hell" that Nolan Richardson had with his Arkansas hoops squads and the press, with Tech doing the tempo on offense.  I get it.  I still think it's dumb.

New week.  They got better in Week 2.  Keep striving.

Just now, slorch said:

Weird stat that is more a function of scheduling than this team being the worst in 33 years.

QB has to protect the ball, especially in the RedZone when it almost certainly cost Tech points.  Lots of Tech folks are mad about Shough, but I thought he played about 95% of a badass game and felt like his rushing threat kept a sputtering offense in it early.  The defense played their ass off with multiple 3&outs/ short possessions for the Ducks.

There's plenty to improve upon, and a few things to hang their hats on.  I still hate the "60 Minutes of Us" mantra.  I get that it's trying to play off the "40 minutes of Hell" that Nolan Richardson had with his Arkansas hoops squads and the press, with Tech doing the tempo on offense.  I get it.  I still think it's dumb.

New week.  They got better in Week 2.  Keep striving.

I agree. Usually yall schedule FCS teams

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

for what? 

The song says "honor," but in this case I meant improvement.

We had 4 turnovers and lost by 8 points.  Some things did go well.

Edited by slorch

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

That QB is not going to last the season.  He is injury prone.  And they are running him.

That's what most Tech folks are wondering about.  WTF are they doing running a guy who hasn't played a full season yet.

Tahj Brooks, generally regarded as the RB1 had 66 yards on 6 carries.  S-I-X carries.  Shough had 23.