Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Game was blacked out for me and a very brief google search didn’t produce video of the tanev injury.  Anyone seen one from a Twitter follow?  I just saw someone got a misconduct on the gamecast. 

Yeah, the Kraken player got a 5-minute major for elbowing. At first, I thought he wrecked his knee but he skated off fine. The fact that he went immediately to the bench and down the tunnel after he got up was concerning. Looked like he was favoring his right shoulder or arm, which is why I thought maybe he'd broken it on first look. Went looking for the replay and found this not-so-fantastic tweet from Bruce Levine:

• Rage+1 1

On 3/31/2024 at 9:56 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Game was blacked out for me and a very brief google search didn’t produce video of the tanev injury.  Anyone seen one from a Twitter follow?  I just saw someone got a misconduct on the gamecast. 

12 hours ago, Skipper said:

Nice work CBJ

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

lol avs 

NYR lost too. Stars are 1 point away from best record in the league. Anyone remember what happened last time the Stars won the President's Trophy?

NYR lost too. Stars are 1 point away from best record in the league. Anyone remember what happened last time the Stars won the President's Trophy?

Was that the year we lost game 7 at home 25-0 to the Blues?

Won it all of course.

Also, I looked it up on wiki, and lol Boston getting the most points ever last year in the history of the prez cup at 135 points. Lolololollol

Damn. Let’s do it.

I mixed up 2016 and 2019 playoffs. Both years we were Western Conf #1 and lost to Blues in round 2. ‘16 Kari forgot hot to play goalie. 19’ was 2OT loss at home then Blues won cup.

We were a wild card team in 2019.  Were definitely the underdog in that Blues series but almost pulled it off.  That was a good 2 round run with great games.  I was at that 2016 game 7 beatdown.  It was my birthday and I drug my wife (who was pregnant with our first).  I had a lot more fun pregame than she did.  And then nobody had fun once the game started LOL.

Should be a good one tonight but HATE the late starts. I guess better get ready for it with playoffs around the corner.  Either fortunately or unfortunately I have enough work to do that I'm just staying downtown until gametime.

• Hook 'Em 1