Alabama @ USF - ABC

ztejas

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Bama fans on tidefans think Simpson is the answer. This is hilarious to me. Milroe is very clearly 10x more of a football player and QB than either of Simpson of Buchner. I cannot understand this decision. 

I think they're just traumatized. After watching Butchner and his fabulous 2.4 yards per attempt, Simpson probably doesn't look so bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

So how quickly are people, namely aggy, going to discount our win last week because of this result?

aggy discounted it already.  For rationale folks they will probably want a better explanation of the Milroe thing and then wait and see what Bama does against Ole Miss.  

Unless of course we look really really shitty tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Whether it's Saban trying to scapegoat him or Saban trying to make a statement for something that may have transpired this past week, it's clear the decision to not play Milroe has to do with something other than football.

One of the rumors was that at his exit interview in spring the staff sat down with him and asked what he felt he needed to improve on, and apparently he said he had nothing to improve on.  Mind you, this is all unsubstantiated rumor mill stuff.  My guess is that after the game last week, he either didn't respond well to criticism or he did nothing but point to good things he did.  That's speculation on my part.  None of us are perfect, but if you have someone walking around that thinks they are above improving or accepting the need to improve, that's a big problem and can demoralize everyone.  My guess is that this was an attempt to grab his attention, if it were beyond that he wouldn't have traveled with the team.  It's easy to forget that like all of these guys, he's 20 years old, and he hasn't tasted much in the way of failure in his football life.  Humility can a good thing, if he takes this the right way.  All of that of course assumes that this is more or less correct, which is a big if.  

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

aggy discounted it already.  For rationale folks they will probably want a better explanation of the Milroe thing and then wait and see what Bama does against Ole Miss.  

Unless of course we look really really shitty tonight.

Saban just didn't want to show the new Milroe offense before the Ole Miss game.