San Antonio Spurs '23-'24: Hoops, Hype, Hair Dye

ztejas

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

What is this, a ref summit?

It's a foul, dude. If you disagree then that's fine - I'm not particularly interested in debating it. 

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022300113

Jones (SAS) jumps as Durant (PHX) turns and steps, resulting in incidental body contact. Jones then reaches for the ball when Durant brings it above his head, resulting in marginal contact, and Johnson (SAS) cleanly strips the ball.

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I'm more concerned about whether Sochan has beef with Wemby

The past 2 games I've been thinking there might be something going on too. They have weird body language together, Sochan seems dismissive of him and looks him off on offense too much. It's probably nothing, he could just be having trouble adjusting to his role this year. But it's something to watch

32 minutes ago, angelfacedmongoloid said:

The past 2 games I've been thinking there might be something going on too. They have weird body language together, Sochan seems dismissive of him and looks him off on offense too much. It's probably nothing, he could just be having trouble adjusting to his role this year. But it's something to watch

It's fucking weird to me. I hope he can get over it.

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Tre hit him in the face and it affected the play. That isn't "marginal" contact that shouldn't result in a foul. You can't hit guys in the face when they have the ball. I'm pretty confident that that's a basketball rule. Congrats to the refs for getting every call right last night - I hope they all get a raise and bonus check. 

I don't think it's an especially egregious non-call - in part because KJ made a clean steal (I'm also a Spurs fan) - but it's a foul on Tre 10 times out of 10 for me and always will be. If someone hits me in the face like that playing pick up and I lose the ball I am calling a foul. I don't care if Adam Silver writes me a personal email telling me I'm wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Most likely nothing. I just noticed  the past few games and there's weird vibes there. Could be because Sochan sucks at running point and just seems pissy, could be nothing. More than anything, I was trying to move on from the foul or no foul debate.

It does seem like Wemby camps outside the 3 point line most of the time when Sochan is running point but I think that's more a function of his lack of experience at the position.

They need to make him the spoke of the wheel in the high post. He needs to play like Bill Walton. Show him some tape of Bill Walton. He still needs to get stronger, but he’s 19. It needs to be over time rather than all at once. By the time he is 22, he should be the best player in the world and the Spurs should be contenders.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Tre hit him in the face and it affected the play. That isn't "marginal" contact that shouldn't result in a foul. You can't hit guys in the face when they have the ball. I'm pretty confident that that's a basketball rule. Congrats to the refs for getting every call right last night - I hope they all get a raise and bonus check. 

I don't think it's an especially egregious non-call - in part because KJ made a clean steal (I'm also a Spurs fan) - but it's a foul on Tre 10 times out of 10 for me and always will be. If someone hits me in the face like that playing pick up and I lose the ball I am calling a foul. I don't care if Adam Silver writes me a personal email telling me I'm wrong. 

He made a play on the ball, which is only going to result in a foul if there is hand contact affecting SQBR and the video wasn't clear and conclusive that Jones's hand swat affected SQBR. At most the video presents a debate about whether it was marginal or merely incidental contact. That ball was gonna get stolen with or without the grazed fingertip, and the league's experts agree, it was a correct non-call.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He made a play on the ball, which is only going to result in a foul if there is hand contact affecting SQBR and the video wasn't clear and conclusive that Jones's hand swat affected SQBR. At most the video presents a debate about whether it was marginal or merely incidental contact. That ball was gonna get stolen with or without the grazed fingertip, and the league's experts agree, it was a correct non-call.

Dude honestly shut the fuck up. I'm not debating this with you. You sound like an NBA pawn that has never actually played basketball. 

40 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Expecting the Suns to be salty tonight, but I'd be very pleased if we could keep this one within 12 points all the way. Even if we lose. Clean it up, tighten it up. 

They figured something out in the third quarter. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe Phoenix just eased off the pedal, but it looked like everyone was patient, set effective screens, and attacked once they got the matchup they wanted. It resulted in fewer turnovers.

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe we will win by 12

Let’s not start sucking each other’s dicks just yet (no homo). There is still a lot of game to be played and they are going to make a run. We are shooting lights out right now which you also can’t count on in the second half. They need to play defense, rebound, and limit turnovers and they should be fine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hate said:

Let’s not start sucking each other’s dicks just yet (no homo). There is still a lot of game to be played and they are going to make a run. We are shooting lights out right now which you also can’t count on in the second half. They need to play defense, rebound, and limit turnovers and they should be fine.

We have a Wemby.

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’m sure there are some self-sucking Spurs fans out there. Definitely not here, but somewhere.