San Antonio Spurs '23-'24: Hoops, Hype, Hair Dye

ztejas

Couple of observations from last night: 

Jeremy’s hair. What the fuck was that? Seriously, just no. Actually tried to get the ball to Wemby. Devin has completely lost his legs on this three point shot. Keldon needs to get to the rim or post up every night. Dude was taking it to Anthony Davis repeatedly. That’s his game. I hate Dougie McBuckets (as a player). He’s awful as a defender, and awful on offense. Just the worst. I’d rather Mamu get his playing time. Holy shit, Zach made some threes. Wemby is just on another planet, man. Hopefully he gets another win this season.

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s been shown time and time again that team success is a big factor in post-season awards. S.A. Is one of the worst teams in the league while OKC is one of the surprises. 

It has not been shown "time and time again" that team success is a big factor in rookie of the year voting. Just ask Carmelo Anthony. The edge that Chet has in any of his #s is largely because he's playing on a better team.

https://www.rotowire.com/betting/nba/rookie-odds.php

MGM still has Chet favored but they appear to be the outlier. 2/4 have Wemby favored and one of those books has them 1:1.

What's wild is Jaquez is firmly 3rd across the board. 

Edited by ztejas

Getting 7.5 tonight against LA.

I honestly think this is a trap game for the Lakers. If Austin Reaves eats some bad shrimp pregame and Anthony Davis tweaks his knee during warm-ups LA may have to dig a bit in the 2nd half to win it by double-digits. Especially if the Spurs put together a perfect storm of shooting over 35% from 3, above 70% from the stripe and committing less than 17 turnovers.

LeBron is going to need to be dialed. In.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Getting 7.5 tonight against LA.

I honestly think this is a trap game for the Lakers. If Austin Reaves eats some bad shrimp pregame and Anthony Davis tweaks his knee during warm-ups LA may have to dig a bit in the 2nd half to win it by double-digits. Especially if the Spurs put together a perfect storm of shooting over 35% from 3, above 70% from the stripe and committing less than 17 turnovers.

LeBron is going to need to be dialed. In.

That's the spirit! They got really good games from Keldon and Wemby the other night, and still had to rally from down 20 in the fourth against a Lebron-less Lakers on weak legs. If they cover tonight, I imagine it will be of the backdoor variety. I think they get it handed to them again, but at some point the streak has to end. Hopefully it's against the fucking Lakers tonight. GSG.

18 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Please don't blow it in painful fashion, please don't blow it in painful fashion....

If it’s the usual collapse, does that make it painful? Spurs fans should be getting numb by now.

Edited by Newdoc

Imagine if instead of Cedi Osman we had someone that could play defense and hit open 3s consistently. 

I guess what I'm saying is imagine if Doug could play defense. 

I will say Cedi attacks the basket well and has some nice moves in the paint. I just cringe every time he takes a 3.

Edited by ztejas