2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

Lively is already a very good 1v1 defender. I think it'll be a fast process for him to adjust to fouls, and once he does adjust he's going to be our second most important piece other than Luka. What a difference maker already.

Also Dwight has been playing really well. Maybe it's the extra rest he's getting from reduced PT. Whatever it is he's one of the better backup centers in the league.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Mavs are a veteran team that can close out vs these younger shit teams. Luka is Luka. Williams has been pretty clutch. Kyrie is automatic on FTs

Luka being amazing, fair or unfair (and let's be honest, it's unfair), is the table stake expectation so I'm not including him when I say that Williams has been the best surprise and bright spot for how well he has played, how fast he has fit in and made the team better, and how much more of an impact he's made that I was expecting.

Early days, of course, but one of the better free agent moves of the summer so far!

Edited by BeardIP

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dwight may may one of the worst starting centers but he's one of the best backup centers in the NBA. He's in his perfect role.

Loving Lively so far. Looks like a top 5 player from the draft.

Nico had a great offseason.

Not to mention early returns on Grant Williams seem like a huge upgrade to Bullock. 

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Not to mention early returns on Grant Williams seem like a huge upgrade to Bullock. 

That Grant Williams contract is only going to look better and better. A deadeye three point shooting wing who is above average defensively is always going to be highly coveted. Getting him for four years with no opt outs at 13.5 per is arguably already looking like a steal. 

Edited by ITHorn

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

and derrick jones jr.  i was so wrong about him. i didn't think he'd make an impact but he is a difference maker on defense.  

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Really missed Lively tonight. Absolutely no size without him. 

Holy hell Maxi Kleber is washed.

Josh Green had 0 points going into the 4th. Finished with 3.

I've seen just about enough of Maxi. Dude is passing up open shots as well. Great story, but it's time to find an improvement there. 

I still wonder if Green is going to be traded at some point. He's a useful player and has a decent salary over the next few years. 

Timmy is playing really well. We've been trying to trade him for a long time but I hope we make a trade that gives us talent in an area we need instead of just giving us financial flexibility. Several times this season he's been the only one who can score for like half a quarter.

3 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Our schedule hasn't exactly been murderer's row, but we've certainly proven that we are capable of losing to anyone, so I'll happily take Ws where we get them.  I guess having to score 120+ to win is only a problem if you aren't able to do it.  

Yea, I guess you could characterize me as pleasantly surprised thus far, but I'm still not sold due to all this ^^

I think Tim is just on a good run.  We've seen this before.  We know he'll have a slump at some point but he should still get better looks than in the past so hopefully it doesn't last as long.

When he's on the floor with Luka, Kyrie, Grant and DL, he's playing with really good passers and connectors. Best he's ever played with. Even when DJJ is on the floor he makes quick decisions and moves the ball.