Anyone watching the Willie 90th birthday show?

tbone_

I missed it, except for the first few (up thru half of Chris Stapleton).  I had DVRed 60 minutes but let it run long.  No other episodes set to run, either.  

Beck was impressive.  So was Stapleton.  Sheryl Crow has balls of steel to sing "Crazy".  She did well, though.

Watched it with the old lady last night. 

Beck was surprisingly good. 

Dave Matthews rearrangement was enjoyable.  His story was funny. 

Stapleton was vanilla.  

Lukas has an astoundingly clear voice and is a good musician.  

Jamey Johnson is Jamey Johnson.   He don’t give a shit.  

Warren Haynes is a monster guitarist. 

The rest were meh although good to see Keef up and around.  Rosanne and Kris was heartbreaking.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Who is the guitarist in that backing band.  Not   Tom Bukovac but the strat player.  I've seen him in several shows when Don Was was the music coordinator but no idea who it is.   Only bad thing about Willie's show was it was done in LA and all of the Hollywood types announcing acts.  Did see Neuheisel in the crowd.    I recorded the last hour so hopefully, they will at least list the credits of the band.  

Also, I was watching that shit show CMA Country Christmas and Harmoni Kelley was playing bass in that band.  So happy for her.    Assholes didn't run the credits at the end or introduce the band.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Man this is unreal.  Roseanne & Kris -- holy shit, that brought major tears.  What a man.  What a woman.

It's nice to see Gary Clark Jr. firmly in that upper echelon of players in terms of recognition.  His "Texas Flood" was a little more Jimmie than Stevie.  Cool song choice.

Jamey Johnson crushed it on "Georgia On My Mind".  I even liked Dave Matthews, which is not something you'll see me cop to often.

When Lukas opens his mouth to sing, even though we know what's coming . . . double holy shit!  Apples, trees.  Just astonishing.

• Hook 'Em 2