Texas Football Roster 2024 -- "You never lose a game if the opponent doesn’t score" DKR

LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, Nope said:

It’s most likely spin but Anwar is saying it was a Texas decision to part with Brooks

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Hearing all the challenges with the father I could see this 

Rumor is part of it was unrealistic NIL expectations and also Brooks wasn't necessarily gonna start.

List of Guys in Portal (4/24)

• S'Maje Burrell            LB
  • Payton Kirkland         OL       Colorado 
  • Billy Walton III            edge
  • J'Mond Tapp              edge
  • Zac Swanson             DL
  • Savion Red                 RB
  • Terrance Brooks         DB
  • Austin Jordan             DB

Bump to page 6

23 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Brooks to aggy would be fun.  And expected given the family ties.  

Can't go to SEC team and play immediately next fall  due to an SEC in-conference transfer rule:

"There is one difference in the SEC’s rule compared to the NCAA’s one-time transfer rule. To transfer within the SEC and be eligible immediately, fall sport athletes must “declare his or her intent to transfer” by February 1st"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Can't go to SEC team and play immediately next fall  due to an SEC in-conference transfer rule:

"There is one difference in the SEC’s rule compared to the NCAA’s one-time transfer rule. To transfer within the SEC and be eligible immediately, fall sport athletes must “declare his or her intent to transfer” by February 1st"

Nvm then

30 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Brooks will be in Ohio state within a week 

Per Gerry, the defensive staff that recruited Brooks at ohio state is gone.  Might be interesting to see if Phatterson tried to get baylor to add Brooks...

• Hook 'Em 1

Had really high hopes for Brooks.  Saw him play in high school quite a bit and he really stood out - nfl written all over him.  But I agree his twitch and speed have gone backwards.  Don’t know if it’s injury or something else.  Sad either way. 

On 4/24/2024 at 8:49 PM, LTtxfan said:

List of Guys in Portal (4/24)

• Billy Walton III            edge
  • J'Mond Tapp              edge

Bump to page 6

Add 1 more leaving...

" Texas LB Kendrick Blackshire has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal "

List of Guys in Portal (5/1)

• Billy Walton III            edge    SMU
  • J'Mond Tapp              edge
  • Kendrick Blackshire    LB  

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

• J'Mond Tapp              edge

Tapp committed to Arizona State

• Like 1

Adding Tapp's new destination...

• J'Mond Tapp              edge    Ariz State

Screenshot_20240501-152213_kindlephoto-16098157.thumb.png.8cc44bbb2952bcbf9a3cb9c69e94c81d.png

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/6/2024 at 3:01 PM, TreatyOak said:

Not to be one of 'those people,' but if your opponents don't score and you also don't score, you don't win. The game is a tie. Okay, maybe it's fun to be one of those people. 

Has there ever been a game, since the invention of the line of scrimmage, that ended in a 0-0 tie?

Because I feel pretty good making the statement, "If you can hold your opponent to zero points, you will win the game." The number of times that statement ends up not being true is insignificant. 

47 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Has there ever been a game, since the invention of the line of scrimmage, that ended in a 0-0 tie?

Because I feel pretty good making the statement, "If you can hold your opponent to zero points, you will win the game." The number of times that statement ends up not being true is insignificant.

"Yes, there have been 73 games in NFL history that ended as 0-0 ties. All occurred in the early days of the NFL, and the most recent one occurred in 1943. Since the NFL merger in 1970, however, the fewest combined points scored in a game is three."Dec 10, 2023

The worst college football game ever: 77 punts, 33 plays and the growing legend of a record-setting 0-0 tie. Centenary vs Texas Tech in 1939!!!!

Crazy that it involves Texas Tech!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'd think lots of 0-0, particularly in Olden  Daze. I know the '36 Sugar Bowl was a 3-2 game, TCU over LSU, and the '42 one was 2-0 Fightin' Lombardis over Mizzou. I think Lombardi was at Fordham in 30's, but I always associated him with Fordham.

NFL overtime still allows for ties, but I don't know what NC2A has done with college rules - wouldn't surprise me either way.

EDIT: Treaty Oak beat me to it, at least NFL-wise, and with actual data instead of speculation.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, LTtxfan said:

Adding Tapp's new destination...

• J'Mond Tapp              edge    Ariz State

Screenshot_20240501-152213_kindlephoto-16098157.thumb.png.8cc44bbb2952bcbf9a3cb9c69e94c81d.png

Don't forget to add Zac Swanson committed to ASU 

List of Guys in Portal (5/2) 

• J'Mond Tapp              edge    Ariz State
  • Zac Swanson             DL        Ariz State

19 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I'd think lots of 0-0, particularly in Olden  Daze. I know the '36 Sugar Bowl was a 3-2 game, TCU over LSU, and the '42 one was 2-0 Fightin' Lombardis over Mizzou. I think Lombardi was at Fordham in 30's, but I always associated him with Fordham.

NFL overtime still allows for ties, but I don't know what NC2A has done with college rules - wouldn't surprise me either way.

EDIT: Treaty Oak beat me to it, at least NFL-wise, and with actual data instead of speculation.

IIRC, if a college or high school game ended in a 0-0 tie, the team with most penetrations across the 50 was awarded the win.

30 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

IIRC, if a college or high school game ended in a 0-0 tie, the team with most penetrations across the 50 was awarded the win.

This post brought up a nightmare memory. There was a large old neighborhood group of us that played intramural football at UT in the early 80’s. There were too many guys for one team, so we fielded 2, the best on one and the rest on the second who played one level down. The best team won several titles, including in the top class. 

It was awesome to see because they would beat all these frats that drew from large populations, practiced a lot, etc. Our guys from the neighborhood were just 8 that grew up together and rolled out for every game and just played. These guys were great athletes and won football, basketball and softball titles at UT. 

But the second team, on which I played, hadn’t won a title in the lower class. We always felt we weren’t holding up our neighborhood’s legacy. And the first team guys always gave us shit for it. 

One year, we finally got our act together and played in the title game. With one play left it was 4th down near our end zone, the score was 0-0, but we led in penetrations. So all we had to do is keep them out of the end zone and we’d finally have a title.

Our DB intercepted the pass in the end zone and downed it, presumably ending the game. But the dumb fuck kid referee was so clueless he didn’t know football rules. He called it a safety instead. We argued with this idiot for 15 minutes but lost the appeal and the game 2-0. Thanks for reminding me. Dammit. To this day, we still catch hell from the guys for not also being on the wall at Gregory Gym. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1