Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)

Did all notice Kenny G going down the line and shaking hands in the dugout with each member of his coaching and support staff ?    He went to them,  they did not come to him.

Great scene.    Congrats 'Ok St !

Edited by torre
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Another 23-24 conference championship. Do we have like 2/3 of them?

Well not quite that good, but if I allow for either a regular season or tourney champ, we have a pretty fair number of them in the sports at which we field a team. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well not quite that good, but if I allow for either a regular season or tourney champ, we have a pretty fair number of them in the sports at which we field a team. 

Yeah we’ve really done what we needed to do on the way out. Let’s see if baseball can pull one out somehow

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

8 loss gap from 3rd to 4th

I can’t see anyone below UCF making it unless the bubble is just that bad. I don’t believe Tech as an at-large candidate if they finish 8-16 in league play after tomorrow 

Posted (edited)

Reese now tied with Jennings for hits in Big 12 play (29) and ahead in RBI (37 to 31). Jennings still ahead in conference HRs (12 to 8, so Reese should hit a couple more today)

TK is now #2 in conference ERA, behind Kilfoyl. TK and CG are 2 and 3 - those are the only 3 pitchers with ERAs below 2 in conference play 

Still looks like Atwood or Jennings for Player of the Year, Kilfoyl for Pitcher of the Year, Kavan for Freshman of the Year. Wouldn’t shock me if Big 12 bitches out and names them co-Player of the Year 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are we good weather wise today?

Less than 10% chance of rain all day and 0% after noon. 

Norman also looks good weather wise for their game being in the mid-afternoon 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Bad News Bears… and that third baseman is supposed to be their best player.

All about momentum. Can help you play above your heads , can also put you in a slump