Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Looks like the old come out flat special. We have not won any of those this year. 

starting CG was a big mistake. 

While I might disagree I thought Mac had been very good as of late. Didn’t understand the CG switch to much. CG has been good but shes also been our most inconsistent and when she’s bad she is B A D . 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Every lefty bat: weak so far. Every righty bat: solid contact. Running into tough lefties is this roster's kryptonite, and it could cost us a title if we don't figure out a better offensive plan. 

I’m surprised White didn’t go small ball there!! They have some big infielders 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Every lefty bat: weak so far. Every righty bat: solid contact. Running into tough lefties is this roster's kryptonite, and it could cost us a title if we don't figure out a better offensive plan. 

Coach should think more about alternating righties throughout the lineup to combat this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DigDug said:

I still despise the running slap batter in softball.

Ha - me too!.  But Maloney's average has been so insane this year, it's hard to argue with the result.  I will say though, slapping breaks down against teams that are buttoned up on defense, which most teams in the big 12 outside of OU and ASU are not.  Teams in the playoff tend to have great defense, so relying on a slapper at the top in the supers is very different than when you are playing tech or kansas.

• Like 1

I know Mike is kicking himself with the way MAC has played. 

just felt like with her experience you let her set the stage and pull her at sign of trouble . Gutierrez and even Tegan at times have shown they can start really slow