Jasmine Crockett (Texas Representative)

atomheartbevo

1) I shouldn’t have looked to see why syphilis is trending .

2) I showed up to committee ready to discuss the horrific deaths of a mother & her children this past weekend at the Texas Border. Seems relevant to a hearing on the border right?

3) My colleague decided to curse at me for I guess having the audacity to speak on their hypocrisy. MAGA won’t have anything to say about this behavior… I’m sure he won’t be called ghetto or whatever other racist nonsense they always say.

——-

She needs her own thread.

• Hook 'Em 8

One to watch, she's on fire.

She's not kidding about syphillis, either. Real trouble looming with that one. With access to healthcare an issue, specifically for women, and furthermore lack of access to OB/GYN care it's happening while there is a shortage of treatment medications (the FDA is allowing importation of meds from overseas to alleviate this). There is only one drug that can safely treat in utero IIRC.

Last year, syphilis cases across Texas rose by 22%, according to preliminary numbers, from 21,476 in 2020 to 25,991 in 2022, the most recent statewide data available. That’s more than double the number of cases reported in Texas five years ago.--9/13/23 Texas Tribune reporting on statewide data.

Guys, do your part: wear a condom. Oral contraceptives are only one factor that play into sexual health and reproduction.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

I treat on average one or two people a day for syphilis. Yesterday was five lol.

There's been an injectable penicillin shortage for over a year now, which is the most efficacious way to treat syphilis (also the most painful). Doxycycline remains effective against the organism still, too, but there are concerns about how long that will remain the case, as doxy is starting to see widespread usage as STI prophylaxis and/or acne treatment, as well as being given to anyone who needs syphilis treatment who doesn't qualify to receive the penicillin.

It can take up to nine months after contracting syphilis for it to show up in blood testing (rare but possible). During that time you are able to transmit it to others. It is possible to remain completely asymptomatic long enough until the disease enters your nervous system, at which point you need treatment ASAP or you will suffer horrible neurological effects. 

If you have one sexual partner, testing once a year if asymptomatic should be fine. If you have multiple partners you should get tested every three months. If you have a penis, wear a fucking condom because people with penises are a huge contributor to the intractability of the syphilis problem in Texas. 

It'd be nice if some of this stuff was taught in schools lmao

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just looked up her age out of curiosity. 42 years old. Why can't we have someone like that in the White House instead of an octogenarian?

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, safe sex said:

If you have a penis, wear a fucking condom because people with penises are a huge contributor to the intractability of the syphilis problem in Texas. 

Interestingly enough, this is now my chosen gender identification: "person with penis."  Alternatively, "penised individual."

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Interestingly enough, this is now my chosen gender identification: "person with penis."  Alternatively, "penised individual."

Or, as the rest of us usually call you, Dick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Penised Individual?  Seriously, dude?  I mean, I get it...but you literally made business cards with that on 'em?  We need to have a talk about your New Year's Resolutions.  

I am late to the party with Rep. Crockett.  Only been following her tenure and service for about a year, but she is on a massive uptick right now.  I don't know everything about her, her personal life is her business, but from what I have seen and heard...I can with 98% confidence...this is the kind of person I want my daughters to grow up and be like.  The other 2% wants my daughters to grow up and put out a cigarette on Marjorie Taylor Green's head.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, royiv said:

Just looked up her age out of curiosity. 42 years old. Why can't we have someone like that in the White House instead of an octogenarian?

Been fun to watch her short career so far. Was one and done in the state house in the minority party but always got in some “good arguments” where she very clearly shuts people up cause they don’t expect the law education. She’ll be a fundraising juggernaut and important piece of the Democratic Party moving forward on issues that need more representation and was perfect replacement to EBJ.

When I initially approached Jasmine about opening up to a throuple relationship with Amanda Edwards it wasn’t an immediate no, but the hesitation really put me off and it led to where I’m at now. Glad to see the breakup didn’t mess with her success at all and looking forward to her accepting the invite once bae beats SJL for her seat.

• Hook 'Em 1