Chelsea 2018-2019: Sarri, not sorry

RichUT

Tier 1 Source

The Guardian

Eden Hazard’s resolve to move to Real Madrid at the end of the season has been strengthened by Zinedine Zidane’s reappointment as manager at the Bernabéu, with the reigning European champions having finally formalised their pursuit of the Belgium captain. Real firmed up their long-mooted interest in Hazard just before confirming Zidane’s return, with an opening proposal understood to have been lodged with Chelsea. The 28-year-old will have a year of his contract to run in the summer and has given no indication to the board that he would be willing to sign the improved terms, worth £300,000 a week, that have been on the table for some time.

Crazy how good RLC and CHO are playing in the Europa league (admittedly against clubs with less talent) but can't even get on the bench for EPL games.  Really bizarre stuff from Sarri and it's not making much sense given the last two league results. 

It's been a frustrating couple of years to say the least, and the transfer ban is casting a shadow over next year already.  This club needs to get their shit together ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, Longhornfan1024 said:

lol.  Derka is already bitching about the draw in the Arsenal thread.

Why?  Does he think it's rigged or something?

I'd sure like to see us take a top 4 spot that we didn't need because we won the Europa while Arsenal finishes 5th.

Edited by TexArcher

18 hours ago, Stringer said:

Can someone explain to me what Kovacic does?  

He hasn't scored once and I can't remember any assists.  I also can't remember a useful tackle he's made or foul won.  He just kind of exists.  

He holds possession, that's all I can tell. He doesn't have the vision to unlock the defense, I think he has a decent amount of energy on defense. But no goal scoring. I'm glad he is on loan.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:02 AM, Bone3421 said:

Pulisic out for 3 to 4 weeks...just a fyi
Not that it matters for chelsea currently

Probably good news for Chelsea tbh. Less miles on that kid the better. 

He really needs to hit the weight room or grow out of that teenage frame a bit, though. Seems like he gets dinged up every time he's breathed on wrong.