Chelsea 2018-2019: Sarri, not sorry

RichUT

9 hours ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

Wow, don’t know what to think yet about that Kepa/Sarri exchange.  That was a public disaster.

My gut says neither of them can be back next season after that.  Sarri is obviously gone anyway, and I liked Kepa, but that forces me to do a complete 180 on him.

But then there's the looming transfer ban.  So I don't know.  Can you kick Kepa to the curb without a replacement?  And if Hazard goes and we don't get Pulisic, who else goes?  Are we fucked?  It seems like we're fucked.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

My gut says neither of them can be back next season after that.  Sarri is obviously gone anyway, and I liked Kepa, but that forces me to do a complete 180 on him.

But then there's the looming transfer ban.  So I don't know.  Can you kick Kepa to the curb without a replacement?  And if Hazard goes and we don't get Pulisic, who else goes?  Are we fucked?  It seems like we're fucked.  

You already HAVE Pulisic.

It is like not being sure if you have a sibling that has already been born and is just still at the hospital with your mom.

Pulisic has transferred to Chelsea and then gone back on loan to Dortmund until the end of the season.

How can you be a fan and not know that?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/christian-pulisic-joins-chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-gosssip-borussia-dortmund-loan-who-is-he-a8707331.html

Edited by Napoleon

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You already HAVE Pulisic.

It is like not being sure if you have a sibling that has already been born and is just still at the hospital with your mom.

Pulisic has transferred to Chelsea and then gone back on loan to Dortmund until the end of the season.

How can you be a fan and not know that?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/christian-pulisic-joins-chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-gosssip-borussia-dortmund-loan-who-is-he-a8707331.html

I'd thought the transfer was agreed to for next summer.  My mistake.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Also anyone who thinks we dont delay this ban until after this summer hasn't been watching Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. We will be big spenders this summer and appeal this down to a single window.

Well, of course we'll appeal.  And I know Barca's appeal process took several months.  I don't know if we'll negotiate this down to a single window; what's the big punishment in just a January ban?  It seems likely that maybe we can take the two window ban and slide it back to January and summer of next year.  That's still a big blow, but this summer window is absolutely critical if Hazard leaves.

19 hours ago, satyanash said:
Maurizio Sarri says the Kepa substitution confusion was 'a big misunderstanding' because he thought the player had cramp. However he says Kepa was right that he could continue although the way he went about it was wrong. Sarri says he needs to talk to Kepa now.

Damn Sarri. Kepa just fucked your wife and you are cool with it because you left the garage door open?

That was disgraceful and embarrassing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Damn Sarri. Kepa just fucked your wife and you are cool with it because you left the garage door open?

That was disgraceful and embarrassing. 

Yup. The part that really pissed me off was the wink right before PKs. As well, it seems maybe Dave is not the best captain. He wasn't about to jump into the middle of that and deflected after the game. If John Terry was on the pitch during that, he likely picks up Kepa and carries him off. David was the only player on the pitch acting like a Captain.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Disclaimer: I'm not a Chelsea fan so please bear with me.

Are you guys a little concerned about CP arriving at Chelsea during this time? It seems the ownership, manager, and roster are all in turmoil and could all look significantly different in the near future. 

Nah. If you follow EPL long enough, this isn't unusual. Here is a list of the current managers and their days on the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers

Here is a list of Chelsea managers as well, the last one to not get fired during the season not including caretaker managers was I believe Ranieri in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._managers

The biggest thing that might cause a huge change at Chelsea is if Abramovich the Russian billionaire owner decides to walk away secondary to the current issues with his visa etc.

End of the day, if you plan on following Chelsea or any EPL team for that matter, get ready for turmoil.

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

Nah. If you follow EPL long enough, this isn't unusual. Here is a list of the current managers and their days on the job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_Premier_League_and_English_Football_League_managers

Here is a list of Chelsea managers as well, the last one to not get fired during the season not including caretaker managers was I believe Ranieri in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._managers

The biggest thing that might cause a huge change at Chelsea is if Abramovich the Russian billionaire owner decides to walk away secondary to the current issues with his visa etc.

End of the day, if you plan on following Chelsea or any EPL team for that matter, get ready for turmoil.

I suppose you're right. Just concerned about our boy being in a good place to continue developing. 

48 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

I suppose you're right. Just concerned about our boy being in a good place to continue developing. 

Dortmund is not really a good place for him to be developing right now, either. They are deep at the wing and too talented a side for Pulisic to be a lock for their starting XI. 

Chelsea also faces better competition, despite missing out on the CL this season. It is up to Pulisic to make what he can of the opportunity. Optimally, he will be a bright spot for a franchise in turmoil. 

(I'd also assume it's a bit easier travelling back and forth to the US from London)

Edited by ztejas

Chelsea Football Club is astonished by the FIFA Appeal Committee’s decision not to suspend its sanction pending completion of the appeal process. 

The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee’s decision and sanction. As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the Club’s right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

So far as the Club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.

We will consider our next steps once we have received the written reasons for this decision from FIFA. The Club notes the Appeal Committee’s statement that it has the right to appeal to CAS. In the meantime the Club will continue to fully cooperate with the proceedings.