Super Bowl Commercial Thread

Texzilla58

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Overall a better slate of commercials than in recent memory.

I’m too lazy to look this up, and am not inviting any sort of CR discussion, but who’s behind He Gets Us where they can afford $37 million for 30 seconds?

I thought it was Hobby Lobby family.  I could be wrong though 

21 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Overall a better slate of commercials than in recent memory.

I’m too lazy to look this up, and am not inviting any sort of CR discussion, but who’s behind He Gets Us where they can afford $37 million for 30 seconds?

This is a much better slate than the early 2010s, when every commercial was some derivation of "Hi. We're Nationwide Insurance. Insure with us or your kids die."

2 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

This is a much better slate than the early 2010s, when every commercial was some derivation of "Hi. We're Nationwide Insurance. Insure with us or your kids die."

Right, and causing my kid to endlessly sing “Nationwide is on your side” in the back seat. 

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He didn’t make that commercial. Some pac did.  

My cousin’s Super Bowl ad used our uncle’s faces- and my Mother’s. She would be appalled by his deadly health care views. Respect for science, vaccines, & health care equity were in her DNA. She strongly supported my health care work at @ONECampaign & @RED which he opposes.
Bobby. I’m so sorry if that advertisement caused you pain. The ad was created and aired by the American Values Superpac without any involvement or approvals from my campaign. Federal rules prohibit Superpacs from consulting with me or my staff. 
Edited by Harrison Stafford

Only a few that stood out from yesterday, but 12 years ago NBC did a fun intro when they had their amazing lineup of comedies 30 Rock, The Office, Parks and Rec and Community still on the air. 

I was thinking this with all of the CBS promos they ran, not a single time was I like “I need to watch that”

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Ah, I see. Without saying more, now I get troph’s ire over the ads.

Yeah, preach whatever I guess but the ad is SUPER misleading to the point where unsuspecting people could get hurt.

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah, preach whatever I guess but the ad is SUPER misleading to the point where unsuspecting people could get hurt.

Yeah, it's trying to dress up hatred and bigotry with "cool" images for a younger crowd.  The CNN article I posted above expressed skepticism that a younger crowd will buy it.

On 2/12/2024 at 9:00 AM, YGIFS said:

DeVito really is an unsung national treasure.  Of course he's got comedic chops, but was watching last week "The Big Kahuna" for the 10th time.  He has a great dramatic gravitas as well.  Really not much he can't do. 

He was the best actor in "The Rainmaker.".

• Hook 'Em 1