Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our class is kinda top heavy this year and we will lose at least 3-4 guys to the draft most likely (Rainer, Sterling for sure. Probably 1-2 more). Still should be a top 10-12 class by the time the draft is over. I like the arms we have coming in.

The 2025 class is the special one top to bottom. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

The 2025 class is the special one top to bottom. 

Typically, recruiting class draft attrition prediction has been decently easy to forecast for Texas. We got lucky this year with some big names (which kind of bucked the trend, as I know you know), but 2025 is going to be all out speculation. That recruiting class is full of insanely talented kids. It’s a good position to even be in from a talent acquisition standpoint, but I think I’ll be disappointed no matter due to the sheer volume of almost certain draft attrition. 

26 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Typically, recruiting class draft attrition prediction has been decently easy to forecast for Texas. We got lucky this year with some big names (which kind of bucked the trend, as I know you know), but 2025 is going to be all out speculation. That recruiting class is full of insanely talented kids. It’s a good position to even be in from a talent acquisition standpoint, but I think I’ll be disappointed no matter due to the sheer volume of almost certain draft attrition. 

For sure. We are going to get hurt more by the draft in 2025 than maybe any year in recent memory, but there are typically always a few kids every year that make it to campus that you don't expect. So by stockpiling those high profile commitments it gives you a better chance of sneaking a few through just based on pure odds compared to if you only had 2 or 3 guys you were sweating.

I also think we are going to continue to see the trend of more kids going to college due to NIL and pro teams preferring to invest in safer and more polished players coming from the college level, especially on the pitching side.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I also think we are going to continue to see the trend of more kids going to college due to NIL

Combined with quality of life, absolutely. I know I would take pennies on the dollar to push off the slog of the minors, especially for 3rd round+ guys.

I'm out of my depth here, so I appreciate your and @MuellerHorn's contributions today.  

• Hook 'Em 1