Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

So they’ll probably get drafted high and never enroll at Texas? Just want to make sure my expectations are accurately set.

Always smart to have that mindset and then be pleasantly surprised if they end up here. Some of these kids have really high asking prices that can scare away MLB teams.

I will say that nowadays more kids are making it to campus. The elite of the elite are still heading straight to pro ball, but there seems to have been a small shift in more of the good to great HS players making it college campuses. 

I didn't think there was a shot in hell 8 months ago that Jalin Flores was making it to Austin but he's going to be the opening day lineup for us in 45 days.

• Hook 'Em 3

Had no idea we have such a good ‘25 class. Number 1 in the country now with 13 recruits with 7 in top 100 on perfectgame. Just didn’t know our 21/22 classes were…lower than I’d like but I’m not a baseball scout. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Had no idea we have such a good ‘25 class. Number 1 in the country now with 13 recruits with 7 in top 100 on perfectgame. Just didn’t know our 21/22 classes were…lower than I’d like but I’m not a baseball scout. 

I’m not a baseball expert either, but I played through high school. In my mind, baseball more than any other sport, hinges on consistent and continuous player development. You just never know when you’ve maxed out someone’s ability to recognize and react to pitches, their arm strength, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

22/21 classes were skewed quite a bit by the low number of commits. The 2021 class was something ridiculous like only 8 signees because we had so many guys on campus and not draft eligible from the 19/20 classes.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

22/21 classes were skewed quite a bit by the low number of commits. The 2021 class was something ridiculous like only 8 signees because we had so many guys on campus and not draft eligible from the 19/20 classes.

Plus, going forward, Texas will be a top-10 portal destination on an annual basis. This program will be able to accumulate talent regardless of the traditional high school signing class. Additionally, come next year, Texas will cement themselves as top-3 in terms of baseball NIL. LSU (already) and Texas won't get outbid. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Plus, going forward, Texas will be a top-10 portal destination on an annual basis. This program will be able to accumulate talent regardless of the traditional high school signing class. Additionally, come next year, Texas will cement themselves as top-3 in terms of baseball NIL. LSU (already) and Texas won't get outbid. 

It was mentioned somewhere that the baseline NIL for players this year at Texas is 10k. The goal eventually is to make it to where the players or their families aren't having to pay anything out of pocket to attend Texas. 

We still have a ways to go to catch up to LSU, but you are right 98% of baseball programs in the country do not have the backing and support that Texas does.

Edited by Hookem2147

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...