Texas (+10.5) @ Houston- Noon on CBS

shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Despite this ugly loss, I am not too disappointed by this team and the coaching job RT has done so far. I guess I was expecting it to be a lot worse, so in a strange way, I don't mind this season too much. We are a middling team capable of causing some upsets, and if we get a favorable draw, we might win a game or two in the tourney.

Why in the world do you have these low expectations. If you think the roster is bad, who do you think is responsible for that roster? 

Between the NIL commitments and the recent momentum of the program there is ZERO reason why the team should be this bad. Terry is a disaster. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Why in the world do you have these low expectations. If you think the roster is bad, who do you think is responsible for that roster? 

Between the NIL commitments and the recent momentum of the program there is ZERO reason why the team should be this bad. Terry is a disaster. 

one upside to Terry is tickets are getting cheaper.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Then what will they find out? Your statement implied Houston has never been there before and this year they’ll find out. You made the dumb fucking statement about them finding out not me. 

Actually I never said they’d “find out”

The “find out” part are your words and not mine

i made a simple point and you’ve been pooping your panties about it for an hour now. Because Derka I guess

I’m done with this idiocy 👋🏼 

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Actually I never said they’d “find out”

The “find out” part are your words and not mine

i made a simple point and you’ve been pooping your panties about it for an hour now. Because Derka I guess

I’m done with this idiocy 👋🏼 

Ye so bet you’re done since you brought derka up like 3 times and now realize you’re a moron because I never even mentioned him and your white knighting bullshit was dumb af. 

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bugs the crap out of me that Houston is officiated different than almost every other team because they are “physical”

A foul is a foul. They basically get the anti-Brock Cunningham reputation.

to be fair we used to get the same treatment at times under barnes. same with sampson’s OU teams, and at times it’s the same for rick's tennessee teams. these teams/coaches basically pull the draymond green move on the officials: “we’re going to be extremely aggressive and physical for 40 minutes and we’re going to dare you to call every foul you see.” you get an established coach with an established style of play, you give him a highly ranked team with some older players, and yeah- they’re going to be officiated differently than everyone else. but like someone said, one unforgiving officiating crew in the tourney and you’re in trouble.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ye so bet you’re done since you brought derka up like 3 times and now realize you’re a moron because I never even mentioned him and your white knighting bullshit was dumb af.

LOL you never mentioned derka and didn't white knight for him? Did someone else post these under your name? Were you hacked?

Honestly you seem to be having a real rough day melting down like this. I hope everything's okay at home. Take care.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

At least the board gets to see you’re the one doing this and not derka. Got it. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

At least everyone can see what you do to derka. He responds you start crying he’s ranting. 

Just now, MotownHorn said:

LOL you never mentioned derka and didn't white knight for him? Did someone else post these under your name? Were you hacked?

Honestly you seem to be having a real rough day melting down like this. I hope everything's okay at home. Take care.

Holy shit man. Go to page 3. You literally brought derka up. It’s not hard to scroll back and see you brought him into the conversation. Not me. But here you are moving the goal posts and pivoting the discussion. Again. 

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

So you dont want to put your money where your mouth is. You just want to rant like Derka. Got it 

Oh look here it is again to prove my point. You brought derka up so I respond and it was me that brought derka up and was white knighting derka? lol. Keep making shit up shit heel.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

For sure. You definitely had pretty low expectations to be fair.

You were questioning if recruits could even understand him when he talked.

I still don't think he is an eloquent speaker. He doesn't have a commanding voice. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

to be fair we used to get the same treatment at times under barnes. same with sampson’s OU teams, and at times it’s the same for rick's tennessee teams. these teams/coaches basically pull the draymond green move on the officials: “we’re going to be extremely aggressive and physical for 40 minutes and we’re going to dare you to call every foul you see.” you get an established coach with an established style of play, you give him a highly ranked team with some older players, and yeah- they’re going to be officiated differently than everyone else. but like someone said, one unforgiving officiating crew in the tourney and you’re in trouble.

they did that today.  6 quick fouls on Houston in the first 6 minutes of the game.  TV timeout.  Sampson started complaining, refs know it is going to be trouble if they keep calling fouls on Houston, and the whistles went into the pocket.  10 fouls total the rest of the game. and no they didn't change how they were playing D.

and before everyone uses the tired excuse that we stopped being aggressive.  we didn't.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2024 at 2:01 PM, MotownHorn said:

Houston will experience what used to happen to Huggins good WVU teams…

…an earlier than expected tournament loss when the refs decide to call it close 

This comment that Rockethorn called the dumbest he'd ever read and spent a few days melting down over, would have accurately described last night's game if the Aggies simply hit their FTs.

13 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

This comment that Rockethorn called the dumbest he'd ever read and spent a few days melting down over, would have accurately described last night's game if the Aggies simply hit their FTs.

Nice aggy post. The tournament is about survive and advance. They did and you were wrong but way to be aggy. I would’ve been right but but but. Guess your right post just ran out of time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

59 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Nice aggy post. The tournament is about survive and advance. They did and you were wrong but way to be aggy. I would’ve been right but but but. Guess your right post just ran out of time. 

Don't worry bud. Still two more games for them to do exactly what I said they'd do!

that was probably the game he needed to get by.  Duke doesn't have K on the sideline anymore.  Houston would be playing Elvin, 3 student managers, and the analytics intern by the 2nd half if he were there to remind the refs those are fouls not "good defense".