Texas (+10.5) @ Houston- Noon on CBS

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

yeah NIL and Portal is a pain in the ass no matter how much money you have.  you have to recruit your whole team(at least guys you want to keep) every year because of playing time. It is a constant negotiation now.  I can see that Jay Wright would want no part of that.

They better hope someone doesn’t try to lure Weaver away.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Houston isn't that great.  yes they are better than us regardless of refs but they are gonna get bounced earlier than their seed this year.

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

considering they will be a #1 seed that would be where they should end up.

Well which is it?

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Nah they suck and RT is the only reason we’re losing this game 🙄

Your level of basketball knowledge is poor and your “analysis” sucks yet you pollute this board with your RT sunshine pumping. We are getting run off the court. Embarrassing.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

1 more blowout loss and 1 less game to possibly add to the resume. 

Committee doesn’t look at the score of games. It’s W’s and L’s.

Final score does factor into your NET which is a tool the committee looks at, but ours won’t move much playing the #1 NET team on the road. Our NET actually went up after our first loss to Houston.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is just a poorly constructed team. Our backcourt is small and doesn't feature a legitimate point guard. Abmas is an undersized combo guard and Tyrese plays offense like there's a fucking monkey clapping cymbals in his head. 

Brock has been bad. Horton is completely unreliable. Shedrick and Onyema are both virtually unplayable bigs off the bench. 

RT needs to do a lot of work this offseason. A P5 level PG and a better front court rotation is going to be a necessity. 

This team has never looked poorly coached to me - I actually think they are fairly well coached. There are just too many guys that are zeroes too often up and down the roster. RT is obviously responsible for both - I'll be curious to see if he can turn it around going into the SEC. I'd also cut him some slack with Hunter - that wasn't a guy that he brought in and this team needed him to improve and he hasn't. That's first and foremost on Tyrese. The guys like Shedrick, Horton and Onyema just seem like misses. It happens even to the best coaches and programs. Beard obviously missed with Tyrese. 

These guys can still make the tourney and be a tough out, but there's definitely a sizeable gap between Texas and the UH's of the CBB world this season. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Houston will learn that just bringing up kelvin sampson son is the wrong choice. He isn’t his dad and will get killed in the big 12 and after 2-3 years they’ll fire him. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

christ we are awful. 

And just think you get another full season of this next year. 

12 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

you pollute this board with your RT sunshine pumping. We are getting run off the court. Embarrassing.

Where exactly did I sunshine pump? I pushed back against the idea that 1) Houston isn’t very good, and 2) this performance is somehow due to RT not being as good a PR person as beard 

Pretty sure Rt didn’t make Abmas air ball an open 3 and Hunter brick an open layup in the last minute 

Spacing is bad, transition game is bad, switch offs are bad. This team is absolutely less than the sum of their parts even with glaring skill set deficits on this roster. This team with a good coach is a 5 or 6 seed. The RT sunshine pumpers need to give it up. You don’t know basketball. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

What? No they’re just like West Virginia didn’t you know? Lmao.

Way to completely miss the point 

If you’d like to place a wager on whether Houston will perform to their seed in the tournament I’d be happy to do so 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, MotownHorn said:

If you’d like to place a wager on whether Houston will perform to their seed in the tournament I’d be happy to do so 

If UH doesn’t go ice cold from 3 point land, which they do sometimes, they’re a lock for the Final Four.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

If UH doesn’t go ice cold from 3 point land, which they do sometimes, they’re a lock for the Final Four.

You can get that at 2:1 on sports books at the moment. Go bet on it if it’s such a lock 

Just now, BigTEAMLittleme said:

They’re playing afraid. Except for Weaver. and maybe Shedrick today.

Otherwise they don’t go to the hoop because they don’t want to get fouled..

Agreed 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

You compared them to West Virginia. Not me. They’ve played this way forever. Here some facts you like to ignore. Final 4, elite 8, sweet 16. Could they not play up to their seed in the 4th year of consistent deep runs? Sure it could happen but it won’t be because they’re about to experience what West Virginia used to? lol. It was literally one of the dumbest fucking posts I’ve read here in a long time so congrats on that I guess. But don’t come at me like I missed your point. Your post was dumb just stfu and don’t reply and we will all move on. Or respond and I’ll just obliterate your dumb fucking post again for all the see. Be my guest.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Shederick is a huge disappointment.  

Edit: Perfectly timed post on my part. 

There was a reason Virginia just had him playing defense and rebounding. 

Terry's evaluations on his transfers was pure garbage outside of Weaver and Abmas, but Abmas' lack of size and athleticism kills them on the defensive end and hurts them when they play teams with high end athletic guards like today. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Brock stayed too long.

I think we all did.

Other than changing conferences, what do we see (not just today, but any day) that gives us hope for a better season in 2025? I want to think we'll improve, but I certainly can't point to anything that's happening on the court.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You compared them to West Virginia. Not me. They’ve played this way forever. Here some facts you like to ignore. Final 4, elite 8, sweet 16. Could they not play up to their seed in the 4th year of consistent deep runs? Sure it could happen but it won’t be because they’re about to experience what West Virginia used to? lol. It was literally one of the dumbest fucking posts I’ve read here in a long time so congrats on that I guess. But don’t come at me like I missed your point. Your post was dumb just stfu and don’t reply and we will all move on. Or respond and I’ll just obliterate your dumb fucking post again for all the see. Be my guest.

So you dont want to put your money where your mouth is. You just want to rant like Derka. Got it 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

I think we all did.

Other than changing conferences, what do we see (not just today, but any day) that gives us hope for a better season in 2025? I want to think we'll improve, but I certainly can't point to anything that's happening on the court.  

We won’t materially until RT is run off. 

• Hook 'Em 1