2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we look clueless.  that first strikeout was exactly what I was talking about.  long loopy swing with no chance.

It's like the 20th at bat of his career and and he's facing their Friday night set up man.  Come on.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SameSame said:

We baby and cuddle and network and protect our guys.  The day we stop, the day we get rid of the cameras and the LHN and the nice questions is when our first step to getting better starts.

So all the games won't be on SEC network/ESPN next year?   That is without a doubt the dumbest shit posted here today..  Good job...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Very few Horn players shorten their swing, hit middle to away or try to foul off pitches with two strikes. They would rather swing over the top, pulling their head off the ball or stand and look at strike three. Strike outs to them are the same as any other out  

Someone up thread said LBJ had an off night. He didn’t pitch that bad just LSU hitters were fouling off two strike pitches that LBJ normally struck batters out on. LSU’s approach at the plate caused LBJ to throw 90 pitches+ in less than 4 innings. That’s the blueprint for beating tough pitching. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

We baby and cuddle and network and protect our guys.  The day we stop, the day we get rid of the cameras and the LHN and the nice questions is when our first step to getting better starts.

Good point. I heard O’Dowd has been doing countless LHN interviews instead of hitting in the cage.

1 minute ago, BB65 said:

Very few Horn players shorten their swing, hit middle to away or try to foul off pitches with two strikes. They would rather swing over the top, pulling their head off the ball or stand and look at strike three. Strike outs to them are the same as any other out  

Someone up thread said LBJ had an off night. He didn’t pitch that bad just LSU hitters were fouling off two strike pitches that LBJ normally struck batters out on. LSU’s approach at the plate caused LBJ to throw 90 pitches+ in less than 4 innings. That’s the blueprint for beating tough pitching. 

Hey look.  Someone who actually understands baseball.  Glad to have you in the thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, petscii said:

So all the games won't be on SEC network/ESPN next year?   That is without a doubt the dumbest shit posted here today..  Good job...

You don’t read well bubba. You can be a bitch all you’ll want.

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

There's been stupid shit comments on the Shag/Surl before, but this ranks right up there. 

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Just now, Hondo said:

Hey look.  Someone who actually understands baseball.  Glad to have you in the thread.

Damn I had no idea that this entire time we were just missing you two fucking geniuses. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, petscii said:

No you dumb simpleton motherfucker haha. You have know idea how the world works.   Hey go on keep lying to yourself 

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

No you dumb simpleton motherfucker haha. You have know idea how the world works.   Hey go on keep lying to yourself 

Quote him again, you’ll show him next time

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m just not sure what anyone was really expecting. All the problems we have right now are the exact problems we knew we’d have. And from what I can tell, we have a couple spots where we are much better than expected.

We knew we’d be young at the plate. We knew once Storm was out we lacked a power bat in the middle and a natural defensive 1st baseman. 

Despite losing our likely closer the bullpen looks stronger than it has in a few years both in arm talent and number. Hurley is showing he’s a real Saturday guy.

I’m just not seeing a lot to be down about and I’m usually the negative one.

Edited by hobbes2702

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Damn I had no idea that this entire time we were just missing you two fucking geniuses. 

Add it to the long list of things you have no idea about.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m just not sure what anyone was really expecting. All the problems we have right now are the exact problems we knew we’d have. And from what I can tell, we have a couple spots where we are much better than expected.

We knew we’d be young at the plate. We knew once Storm was out we lacked a power bat in the middle and a natural defensive 1st baseman. 

Despite losing our likely closer the bullpen looks stronger than it has in a few years but in arm talent and number. Hurley is showing he’s a real Saturday guy.

I’m just not seeing a lot to be down about and I’m usually the negative one.

it's early

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Add it to the long list of things you have no idea about.

You haven't even been here a year, sweetheart. Maybe tone it down on the "everyone here is clueless about Texas baseball" angle. You came on a little strong tonight.