Selection Sunday

Pancho

How many teams have declined this season's NIT? Pitt, IU, OU, St johns, Ole Miss, Memphis? What's the point? I guess if someone can make money at it, they'll keep rolling the ball out, but it may be time to "ole yeller" these alternative tourneys. 

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

How many teams have declined this season's NIT? Pitt, IU, OU, St johns, Ole Miss, Memphis? What's the point? I guess if someone can make money at it, they'll keep rolling the ball out, but it may be time to "ole yeller" these alternative tourneys. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It’s all about the CBI. Barnes was ahead of his time there 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

How did Beard not get thrown out of the game, throwing the biggest fit ever?

He was waiting until he got home so he could take it out on his girlfriend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Both Lunardi and Crème (WBB) really sniff their own farts about their brackets and don’t like being wrong. Creme got a little huffy about Texas being a 1 seed over Stanford because he was adamant Texas didn’t have a 1 seed resume.

Lunardi acting like Pitt’s NCSOS was so egregious with TCU’s was worse…they’re so thin skinned 

It’s all for show

what are they going to say instead?

“Yeah, I can see a case either way. The committee went a different direction. I can respect that.”

booooooooring 

Haven’t looked it up, but I feel like at least one First Four winner has also won in the round of 64 most if not all years of the current 68 team format, including several that have made it to the sweet 16 or beyond.

Not all that surprising I guess considering all but a handful of tourney games are basically toss ups.

Great news. If Texas beats UVA or CSU they'll have the benefit of being completely rolled by both of their most recent former coaches in one season and Barnes for the 2nd consecutive season as an added bonus.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Great news. If Texas beats UVA or CSU they'll have the benefit of being completely rolled by both of their most recent former coaches in one season and Barnes for the 2nd consecutive season as an added bonus.

You forgot about current ole miss coach

16 hours ago, YGIFS said:

IIRC, the tip-off times usually get revealed around 11pm tonight, yes?  

Didn't even occur to me that I have a school board meeting that night.  So if it is an evening, expect a video going viral of me saying, "Forget the kids man, get that power point shit off the screen and put on the Horns!"  

Fuck dem kids. FIFY

15 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

wow, just looked at the box score for our '22 game against Purdue.  They had a guy shoot 1 for 7 in FGs, who was sent to the Free Throw line 9 times.  

Our entire starting starting lineup goes to the line ..........you got it........9 times.  How did Beard not get thrown out of the game, throwing the biggest fit ever?

Purdue had us outsized big time and they attacked the interior often while we shied away from attacking the basket to avoid their shot blockers. 

Teams aren't built identically and don't play identically so the raw free throw numbers will never tell the whole story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think we match up better vs. Purdue than we did back in 2022.  We couldn't match their size at all.  We started Timmy Allen (6'6, 18 min) and Christian Bishop (6'7, 23 min) and both fouled out.  Disu only got 9 min.  Brock got 16 min, mainly at PF.  Andrew Jones (6'4, 35 min) had four fouls as well played most of the SF minutes.

If we played again, we would have Disu (6'9) and Shedrick (6'11) getting post minutes and could even throw Dillon Mitchel (6'8) in at SF if we wanted to go big.

• Hook 'Em 1