Interstellar re-release

iodeac

17 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

Tenet is confusing sure, but fun as hell and I think very interesting. Robert Pattinson was great. Dogshit? No way. 

Tenet is dogshit wrapped in catshit. You can't even defend it without prefacing that you didn't know what in the fuck was happening either. 

Pains me to agree with CTJ on anything but he’s dead on about Tenet. Classic “let’s cover up the holes and the weaknesses in this story by making it as confusing as possible for no reason”. Logic falls on its face too (dude was fighting with himself, wtf?)

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tenet is dogshit wrapped in catshit. You can't even defend it without prefacing that you didn't know what in the fuck was happening either. 

Meh. Agree to disagree. I was entertained and visually impressed with the movie making. Perhaps I have a low bar. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Pains me to agree with CTJ on anything but he’s dead on about Tenet. Classic “let’s cover up the holes and the weaknesses in this story by making it as confusing as possible for no reason”. Logic falls on its face too (dude was fighting with himself, wtf?)

Yes, it's Helobious who must feel aggrieved that the two of us are aligned on something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I just emailed the Bob Bullock Imax asking about when this might happen.  I saw Interstellar at the Imax when it came out.  It was the coolest movie I have ever seen on any screen.  The Zimmerman soundtrack was incredible.

Now would be a good time to read Kip Thorne's book.

41g8OIBp8LL._SX342_SY445_.jpg

16 minutes ago, Elvis said:

I just emailed the Bob Bullock Imax asking about when this might happen. 

Let us know what they say-I don’t think they’ll show it because true IMAX screens are such a rarity and they are booked out a year in advance.

It sounds like there is going to be several re-releases nationally this year to account for all the strike disruptions on the production side.  

Just got back from seeing Interstellar on the big screen and wow just wow. Really glad my wife got to see it in a theater since she missed it the first time around. Seeing it in IMAX later this year is going to be incredible too.

Bullock's response:

"

Thanks for reaching out.  We have not heard anything on our end about getting the re-release of Interstellar, but that doesn't necessarily mean we won't get it.  We usually recommend folks follow our social media accounts or sign up for the newsletter, as those are the first places we make film announcement.  Thanks!

Bullock Tickets

Visitor Services Department

Bullock Texas State History Museum

t. (512) 936-4637

0?ui=2&ik=044f323dfa&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1795891246189187124&th=18ec4992c8571034&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-Bqbs4GEWH_ckRLgJE1LQvIN_wVlqufaS4T-UR__M7IqPqFVgYIBbsFkehe33yvl49XzKZdPRN6DyOT1R0u_iTUJ1NZVhVJd19bINbYzCr-ZlF1tVCCN3c5ws&disp=emb

1800 N. Congress | Austin, TX | TheStoryofTexas.com/visit "

Posted (edited)

Prestige is the best. Interstellar is cool but a bit too long for repeated viewings, same for Inception though I've probably seen the most outside of TDK. Though I've seen TDK the most, Batman Begins is the better movie IMO.

Oppenheimer was the most overrated of his canon, though I think that is a minority opinion still (though time will prove me correct, I think) and Dunkirk is his most polarizing in either you loved it or hated it-- I, of course, thought it was what the kids call "mid" on the whole.

And, yes, Tenet was crap (despite me really, really wanting it to work and to love it).

Edited by BeardIP

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 12:14 PM, BeardIP said:

(though time will prove me correct, I think)

I think the opposite. I don't think many people understand how good it is yet.

Also there's no way Inception is that much longer than the Prestige. Maybe it feels longer for you. (Yeah - 2:10 vs 2:28).

Agree that Interstellar is a little long and Dunkirk is meh and that Tenet sucks.

Edited by ztejas

Christopher Nolan feature film rankings:

1. The Dark knight 

2. Interstellar

3. Inception

4. Oppenheimer 

5. Dunkirk

6. Batman Begins

7. Insomnia

8. The Prestige

9. Tenet

10. Memento

11. The Dark Knight Rises

12. Following

1-5 are excellent films bordering on genius.  6-8 are meh.  9-10 are films that people say are good so they look smart or sophisticated, but they’re really just stupid and intentionally confusing.  11-12 are mediocre for very different reasons.

On 4/21/2024 at 4:24 PM, futureman said:

your worst opinion out of all the posts you’ve ever made. 

I like Dunkirk - I just meant in the context of Nolan's catalogue. It isn't one of my favorites from him. 

On 4/21/2024 at 7:11 PM, futureman said:

this thread has also learned me that people didn’t like the dark knight rises.  I thought it was great; bane was awesome. 

I watched TDKR recently for the first time in awhile. I have a similar opinion of it and Interstellar - I enjoyed them both immensely when they came out - but they're both a little long, plodding and goofy at times imo and I find them a little less rewatchable than my favorites. They're in my 3rd "Nolan tier" just below his top 5 for me, and I think he's made 8 or 9 really good movies. 

I mean - if I'm flipping through channels and any of those 9 are on TV I'm probably putting them on and watching the rest.

Edited by ztejas