Friends slow down, they even stop

42 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You must be very proud.  how proud you must be.

gil, you have a good memory, was it yours or helen's or susan's wedding i got drunk at?

it was all 3 dad, congratulations.

well which one did i punch the band leader?

that was mine. we have photos. i'm having them blown up for the commitment hearings.

• Hook 'Em 3

Wow, think about that cast.  Reeves' launchpad role, same for Joaquin Phoenix.  Peak Rick Moranis.  The great Jason Robards.  Arguably Dianne Wiest's best film role (next to "The Birdcage").  Peak Mary Steenburgen.  Fresh off awards season Tom Hulce.  And of course, the wonderful Steve Martin.  6 Oscar nominees in a film that also catapulted Ron Howard's directing career into another atmosphere, so to speak.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wow, think about that cast.  Reeves' launchpad role, same for Joaquin Phoenix.  Peak Rick Moranis.  The great Jason Robards.  Arguably Dianne Wiest's best film role (next to "The Birdcage").  Peak Mary Steenburgen.  Fresh off awards season Tom Hulce.  And of course, the wonderful Steve Martin.  6 Oscar nominees in a film that also catapulted Ron Howard's directing career into another atmosphere, so to speak.

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

i saw him the other day...

what a loser, huh?

...in a rolls.

yeah, i meant me.

peak lowell ganz and babaloo mandel.  in the late 90's when i was an intern, an executive told me every comedy script that got made for a decade spent some time with the two of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, yes.  Obviously "Bill & Ted" put him on the map, but that was a cartoonish role.  He actually showed a lot of heart and potential in "Parenthood."  I think it's the movie, save for some action roles, that truly showed he was capable of actual theatrical range.  

I think I've told this story before but for most of my childhood, people (strangers and friends alike) would often tell my father that he reminded them of Steve Martin.  They both looked alike and had a similar sense of dry humor.  Now that I am almost 51% grey/white and funny about once a month, I get it a few times as well (but honestly my dad was a dead ringer for Steve, me?  not so much, got too much Mexican blood).  And "Parenthood" was a favorite movie of Dad and me.  And now, as a father myself, I watch that scene at the baseball field between Jason Robards and Steve Martin and his "fatherly advice" on how parenting never ends and I think to my deceased dad in Steve's role and how I didn't live to see him in Jason's role dispensing parental advice.  And I'm not crying, you're crying.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Great film. The hospital scene at the end with the rollercoaster effect always sorta tears me up. 

I'd keep knocking Mary Steenburgen up too.

Also, Rick Moranis' wife was too hot for him.

She's a teacher and he's a professor. They all mostly look like this couple dynamic.

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Not to mention Clint Howard is even perfect in the role of the overbearing little league parent. "HE HAD NO BUSINESS BEING OUT THERE!! NO BUSINESS!!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1