2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

honestly, we don't need mccann's bat/glove/arm in the game.  as long as he's engaged, standing near hinch, chatting with the pitchers, and helping with the gameplans (and possibly in-game signs) then i'm totally fine with it.  basically what beltran turned into last year.

• Like 1

Legitimate injuries or not, I’m curious to see how many DL moves there are across baseball between now and the ASG.
The ASG game feels later this year than in the past (it’s a week later compared to last year) and combined with the earliest ever start to a season, the Astros will have played 61% of their season (99 games) at the break.

At least they made the break consistent for all teams with a 4 day break instead of some teams getting 3 days and others 4.

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Nope. Stassi and Federowicz will do do fine. Stubbs is having a good year in Fresno if needed. McCann will be back for the homestretch. If you trade for a catcher, what do you do when Brian comes back?

I would prefer to bring up Stubbs over Federowicz. The latter looked completely over matched earlier this year.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Rangers broadcasters doing everything in their power to describe that as a lucky, poorly hit ball, rather than a good inside-out swing to go the other way on a tough pitch.

They really are terrible. Saying "that was an absolute rocket down the line, just foul." When in reality it was foul by 12 or so feet. I tried watching it them, but I switched to a Reddit feed even if it is behind. (Although the sub for Kalas is pretty damn bad)