Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The hypocrisy. I seent it. 

Whoever said this is a leftist board of TexAgs was dead on. Lead by a couple of socks and a banned Tiger rant troll. 

Keep buying those pussy hats and Micky Rouke yard signs. 

Do you consider this a non-name-calling post?

Andrew McCarthy sums it up, a left-wing smear job so egregious that it does the impossible---inspires Senate Republicans to grow a pair and fight back.

By contrast, when the Left criminalizes political opposition, no crime is required; just gossamer-thin, incoherent, uncorroborated, often unverifiable allegations: perhaps multiple-hearsay innuendo against a Republican presidential candidate, passed on by anonymous foreigners to a hyper-partisan, left-wing foreign spy working for the opposition Democratic political campaign. Or maybe a 36-year-old claim of sexual assault by an alleged victim who cannot remember basic details or keep straight the details she claims to remember; whose named witnesses do not back her account; who declines to address whether her accusation has been influenced by the controversial psychotherapeutic process of “recovered memory”; who refuses to disclose highly relevant therapy notes and polygraph information; and who is a Democrat advised by a prominent Democratic strategist and represented for free by Democratic activist lawyers, who were recommended to her by a senior Senate Judiciary Committee Democrat even as that Democratic senator concealed the sexual-assault claim from her Republican counterparts.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/leftists-weaponize-investigations-for-political-gain/

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Why would she? And why would she name Kavanaugh to her husband if she were fabricating a story to get some kind of perverse sympathy? It'd work better if she claimed not to know the assailant. That way should could never be proved wrong or even challenged.

In the face of purely speculative tactics to discredit Ford, I still believe her. I also don't believe that the persons stepping forward and being ignored by the FBI are acting out of political motives. They know that Kavanaugh will be replaced by a nominee with the same conservative stances. The difference is that these new candidates will not be liars, political hacks or likely sexual assailants.

Ford’s whole accusation is speculative,  uncorroborated by anyone else.  Attacking her accusation is not an attack on her personally.

I can’t believe the number of folks thinking, ‘ Well Iwas sexually assaulted, so I believe her.”

It’s a sick fucking joke on the whole process...and it was absolutely politically motivated.

Justice never has been the goal.  Disruption is.

Edited by slorch

If she hadn't been following closely, she was exactly the audience that speech was directed at. With no context, Collins makes the case for Kavanaugh. The speech does not satisfy the objections to Kavanaugh that have arisen in the past weeks. The speech also referred to endorsements that have been withdrawn and ignores the scores of persons and organizations objecting to Kavanaugh.
Collins did her job and should be ashamed.

Collins’ audience was exactly two people.

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Please. Read. Below. 

Yeah, no, witnesses don't get to decide who they give evidence to.  Text of Grassley letter:

I’m writing in response to your response to my letter dated October 2. You said that Dr. Ford is willing to turn her documents over to the FBI, but my request of you was not for documents to be turned over to the FBI. I asked you to provide the documents to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Your response on behalf of your client is a non-sequitur. The Constitution charges the Senate with advising the President on his nomination. Senators have a constitutional obligation to investigate and evaluate independently the President’s nominees. Our obligation is unrelated to anything the FBI does. That’s why we don’t just vote on nominees after the President loans us the FBI background investigation. We have to make our own assessment.

The U.S. Senate doesn’t control the FBI. If you have an objection to how the FBI conducts its investigations, take it up with Director Wray. But don’t raise that objection as a reason not to respond to this Committee’s demand for relevant evidence. The FBI’s investigative decisions aren’t our concern. Even if the FBI never interviews Dr. Ford, or interviews her ten times, this Committee has a constitutional obligation to investigate Dr. Ford’s allegations, and that’s what we’ve been doing since we became aware of her allegations.

It’s not even clear to me what purpose turning over these materials to the FBI would accomplish. The FBI would simply turn over that evidence to the Senate. That is precisely the outcome I seek with this request.

You have claimed repeatedly that the evidence I have requested supports Dr. Ford’s allegations against Judge Kavanaugh. She even provided some of this evidence to national news. Indeed, if the evidence supported your client’s allegations, you surely would produce it as quickly as you could.

But you have repeatedly refused to produce this evidence to the Senate. In doing so, you are preventing the Senate from considering the evidence most crucial to Dr. Ford’s allegations. I don’t know what other inference we should draw from your refusal but that the withheld evidence does not support Dr. Ford’s allegations in quite the way you have claimed.

I urge you once again, now for the third time in writing, to turn over the therapy notes, polygraph materials, and communications with The Washington Post that Dr. Ford has relied upon as evidence. In addition to the evidence I requested in my October 2 letter, in light of recently uncovered information, please turn over records and descriptions of direct or indirect communications between Dr. Ford or her representatives and any of the following: (1) U.S. Senators or their staffs, particularly the offices of Senators Feinstein and Hirono, other than your communications with me and my staff in preparation for the September 27 hearing; (2) the alleged witnesses identified by Dr. Ford (Leland Keyser, Mark Judge, and Patrick “P.J.” Smyth); and (3) Debbie Ramirez, Julie Swetnick, or their representatives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:
kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Women for Kavanaugh, and many others who support this very good man, are gathering all over Capital Hill in preparation for a 3-5 P.M. VOTE. It is a beautiful thing to see - and they are not paid professional protesters who are handed expensive signs. Big day for America!

•  
  •  

*Capitol*

Dems game plan:
=We can kill BK in committee, oh shit didnt work
-bring out the rape allegation we been sitting on for months, that way we can delay till midterms, oh shit didnt work
=turn up the heat and BK will bow out or trump will pick someone else, oh shit didnt work
-tell em only way to move forward is the FBI must investigate first, oh shit didnt work
= tell em the FBI investigation we asked for was not enough!, oh shit were voting?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Dems game plan:
=We can kill BK in committee, oh shit didnt work
-bring out the rape allegation we been sitting on for months, that way we can delay till midterms, oh shit didnt work
=turn up the heat and BK will bow out or trump will pick someone else, oh shit didnt work
-tell em only way to move forward is the FBI must investigate first, oh shit didnt work
= tell em the FBI investigation we asked for was not enough!, oh shit were voting?

Kinda like the Benghazi hearings right? 

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No, those were real and unfortunately they were used for political purposes...not to prevent more deaths but to put Hillary Clinton on public trial. 

ahhh, so sans Benghazi, she never would have faced public scrutiny?  LOLz.

She never had to answer for her decision...EXCEPT in the court of public opinion.

No big loss to her at all...well, until votes started being cast for someone else.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

50--48 Confirmed.  Seated on Tuesday.

Yes...As it should have been from the beginning.

The Dems just didn't lose this confirmation battle. I think they lost the mid-terms as well. Talk about over playing your hand. Prime example.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Yes...As it should have been from the beginning.

The Dems just didn't lose this confirmation battle. I think they lost the mid-terms as well. Talk about over playing your hand. Prime example.

Dems still take house, but lose ground in senate for sure. Especially in Missouri and Indiana.