Who are your top 3 realistic choices to replace Herman?

Beau Vine

Just now, TriStone said:

Why some of you think cycling in new coaching staffs every two to three years will fix anything is beyond me.  The only thing I'm accepting is that Herman is here for the rest of the season no matter how much your pussy bleeds about it.  I'm going to watch how the rest of the season plays out.

More'n likely he's here for next season, too, regardless of the kvetching.

But, hey...

Let them sing.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Hardin has experienced the Texas Spotlight and seen what that kind of pressure does to some.. While I think he’d be a good candidate I don’t know how receptive he’d be. He has it pretty good now. That said, I don’t think the job will be available until Herman fails with HIS QB.

Point taken. I do think the end of 2019 may be the end of Herman. Harsin knows the Texas spotlight but I don’t know if top program Head Coach is in his makeup. Boise will always have limitations with their conference, academics, minimal big money donors, which equals limited budget. He does seem as the comfortable 20 year coach there.

4 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Why some of you think cycling in new coaching staffs every two to three years will fix anything is beyond me.  The only thing I'm accepting is that Herman is here for the rest of the season no matter how much your pussy bleeds about it.  I'm going to watch how the rest of the season plays out.

i think Herman will stay for the rest of the season , but if there isnt improvement he should be gone. he makes 5 million dollars a year and comparing the Maryland games shows me no improvemnt from the arrogant bitch so far.

just not going to go the low route. my bad

Edited by nineliveslost

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

this is the problem. boo hoo those mean ole texas fans. They are never happy..blah balh blah. pussy i tell ya.  I expect to see improvement from year to year and game to game. Losses are part of life but this languishing in mediocrity and its bullshit for a program like texas. God why some of you accept this is beyond me

I'm a grad who hasn't been to a game or bought merchandise in years. Does that mean I "accept" the current state of affairs? Like most of the rest of you, I'm sick of how we've played for nearly a decade now, regardless of the coach. But short of flying a banner, I'm not sure what more I can do to express it. Maybe if you post a template for a sternly worded letter I can send one to CDC.  

4 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

this is the problem. boo hoo those mean ole texas fans. They are never happy..blah balh blah. pussy i tell ya.  I expect to see improvement from year to year and game to game. Losses are part of life but this languishing in mediocrity and its bullshit for a program like texas. God why some of you accept this is beyond me

Unfortunately for them, there are some posters on here that aren’nt old enough to know what it feels like to be by god fucking Texas!

Equally unfortunate is there are a lot of us that do and have trouble dealing with this shit we’ve been trotting out for years running now.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder how bad it's going to get with the press and fans if the ship really starts to sink.

Earning a reputation in the coaching ranks as a school where you won't be given any time to build anything will put some bigass holes in the hull.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Uh.. Money.. This isn't a difficult concept. You're asking the wrong question. Why wouldn't he? 

Did you know Saban coached at Michingan State and LSU prior to heading to Bama?

He wouldn't because he's making a ton of money where he is, he's a legend where he is, he has a better program than Texas where he is, his team is more relevant than Texas where he is.

Again, why would he leave TCU?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

He wouldn't because he's making a ton of money where he is, he's a legend where he is, he has a better program than Texas where he is, his team is more relevant than Texas where he is.

Again, why would he leave TCU?

For the same reason CDC left, TCU is maxed out. Patterson can't take the frogs any higher and they are on borrowed time TCU will not survive realignment in fact they are lucky to be in the big12 at all. If Patterson ever wants to be one of the greats in all of college football to really leave a legacy  like the greats he will have to leave tcu.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

For the same reason CDC left, TCU is maxed out. Patterson can't take the frogs any higher and they are on borrowed time TCU will not survive realignment in fact they are lucky to be in the big12 at all. If Patterson ever wants to be one of the greats in all of college football to really leave a legacy  like the greats he will have to leave tcu.

Well, coming here would certainly narrow his negative recruiting focus by a large degree, leaving him even more time to coach. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Why some of you think cycling in new coaching staffs every two to three years will fix anything is beyond me.  The only thing I'm accepting is that Herman is here for the rest of the season no matter how much it makes your pussy hurt.  I'm going to watch how the rest of the season plays out.

No UT fan wants or thinks cycling coaches every 2-3 years is the recipe for success. 

The first guy to get canned in 3 was not the answer and it only took 2 years to figure that out. he stuck with his shitty OC then had to demote him after G1,S2, and then upgraded in season 3 with worse results. 

This guy is on a similar trajectory, we will have to see what he does about the architect of this shitty offense going forward, but his hubris makes it seem more likely he won't even admit he was wrong, or worse he isn't even aware.  If this season is worse (even the same with half the B12 rebuilding) with more experience or talent at every position except punter, then he's not the guy either.  

He almost certainly gets another year even with mediocre results and then we would get a repeat of a coach trying to find assistants while on a scorching hot seat.  That's almost self-fulfilling.  

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'll take the job. I don't know what the hell I am doing either, and I'll ask for a lot less than 5 mil

Hire me as OC, im sure I could do a better job.  Spoiler:  I would run Ingram in the 2nd half over Porter.  And I'll do the job for a mere half what the current guy makes.  As far a recruiting goes, I'll take all the HS coaches of the hot commodities to the scrip club and show them how that works. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not at all. I'm just not sure Gary Patterson is one of those guys.

I'd love to be wrong. I think he'd kill it in Austin.

Why do you think he negatively recruits us so much?  he has a major crush, just doesn't want anyone to know.  Patterson would take the job for even money, though he would get quite a bit more. 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Your gonna have to take me to the scrip club first so I can verify your skills at purchasing lap dances for others.

I'll start with $600 the wife beater spent will be gone passing the bar before we even sit down. From there the talents the limit. 

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I've no idea what makes you think he is not one of those guys. He's a head football coach for crying out loud. 

That said, we are otherwise in agreement, so I'm good with agreeing to disagree on that aspect of his personality.

Mainly because a ton of jobs at big name programs have opened up since he made TCU what it is today and he's still there.