Who are your top 3 realistic choices to replace Herman?

Beau Vine

Matt Campbell. Guy beats OU.
And I think Surly would lose its shit. Which is fun
Honestly don't think that would be a bad choice..

But Herman isn't getting canned this year, just like Charlie..year 3 will be put up or shut up. For that matter he still has a chance to right the ship this season.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Ah.. So you've gotten a handful, which is around 5 invites to a free meal and a coach lecture. You chose to attend them all, even though he's the head coach of a different School than you claim to support. Based on avoidance of my question I can only logically conclude you've never done the same with a different head coach.

And from those 5 lectures and dinners you got for free you were able to obtain deep insight into Patterson's mind.

Yet you call me a shit bird when I made a logical conclusion that you were a TCU fan.

How odd.

Nowhere did I claim to get deep insight into Patterson’s mind. You’re weird. 

Jesus. Who pissed in your corn flakes. I’ve gone to see coach p speak in fw a handful of times and it’s pretty obvious that he does not care for the university, Austin or Texas football. Of course money changes things, but he is already making a shit ton at tcu. There’s always more I guess. I don’t think he would take the job regardless. Unless it was full blown aggy money. 

In addition to his annual salary, I hear Patterson is included in rich dude’s investment opportunities all the time and is making shit piles of money there. He ain’t going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

In addition to his annual salary, I hear Patterson is included in rich dude’s investment opportunities all the time and is making shit piles of money there. He ain’t going anywhere.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. Patterson ain't going anywhere

Hank Hill

Hank Hill: I-I'm trying Peggy. I just... hey, you know, Coachs used to say something that would fire us up when we were behind.
Peggy Hill: Yeah, what?
Hank Hill: LOSER! YOU'RE A LOSER! ARE YOU FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF?! WELL, YOU SHOULD BE CAUSE YOU ARE DIRT! YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU BIG BABY! BABY WANT A BOTTLE?! A BIG DIRT BOTTLE?!z

9 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

I think Patterson is more realistic than people think. He's never gonna win a championship at TCU.

While I agree that's very likely, he was pretty fucking close in 2014-15 and I'm not so sure he didn't have the best team in the country at the end of the year, all due respect to our current HC. Just fucking blew it in Waco.

Please site any source on these investment opportunities he's engaged in all the time  and making shit loads of money from according to you.

You seem a little unhinged. I don’t have any sources. Just things I’ve heard. He’s already well-compensated thru his salary, if he’s making more in deals thru rich alums, even better. He’s a god in FW and his wife loves it there. He can coach coach there as long as he wants. Take the UT job and if he doesn’t turn it around in 2-3 years he’s on the hot seat.
  • Like 1

I'll just be brutally honest, I hope Herman can get his shit together and make this thing work, don't think I can go through another new coach transition this soon.

Yes, I know some of you don't like Herman and think he never should have been hired, idgaf, and yes he is a prick, but so are at least 90% of the names I've seen thrown around as replacements. You pretty much have to be a prick to run a high profile D1 program successfully..

• Like 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

Things you've just heard.

Source, any source that isn't you flinging shit again the wall. 

I seem unhinged for asking for a source for claims you are making regarding this mysterious but certain money flow? 

It’s been rumored since before we hired Charlie and Patterson was the name everybody wanted. How long have you been following Texas? Are you 11?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:

I'll just be brutally honest, I hope Herman can get his shit together and make this thing work, don't think I can go through another new coach transition this soon.

Yes, I know some of you don't like Herman and think he never should have been hired, idgaf, and yes he is a prick, but so are at least 90% of the names I've seen thrown around as replacements. You pretty much have to be a prick to run a high profile D1 program successfully..

I hope he gets his shit together too, but I have pretty much lost all faith that he will.  I don't give a damn who we hire next because it seems likely they will also suck.  

I could go for

Leach-HC

Kingsbury-OC

Orlando-DC

Orlando would probably take some serious money-whipping since Herman gave him his first big break to prove himself.

Leach has brought two afterthought programs to respectability and doesn't need a Mensa membership to prove his intelligence. CDC should be raising the money to fund Herman's buy out right now.

Edited by HornsofBevo

I could go for
Leach-HC
Kingsbury-OC
Orlando-DC
Orlando would probably take some serious money-whipping since Herman gave him his first big break to prove himself.
Leach has brought two afterthought programs to respectability and doesn't need a Mensa membership to prove his intelligence. CDC should be raising the money to fund Herman's buy out right now.
You know, this is actually realistic. I'm in.

Herman will get at least three seasons, no doubt.  I'm not arguing for letting him go before then, even though I've seen all that I need to see.  So, for those of you who are pooh-poohing talk of firing him, if he is still performing at a .500 rate after three seasons, how much longer should he get to get it right?  A fourth season?  A fifth?  What is your cut off point?

Herman will get at least three seasons, no doubt.  I'm not arguing for letting him go before then, even though I've seen all that I need to see.  So, for those of you who are pooh-poohing talk of firing him, if he is still performing at a .500 rate after three seasons, how much longer should he get to get it right?  A fourth season?  A fifth?  What is your cut off point?
My cut off point is as soon as possible. If you're gonna be an arrogant prick you better be winning titles. Otherwise fuck off.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Patterson is TCU's Bill Snyder.  He's going to get a statue and a street named after him for turning around a program that was complete shit for 4 decades into a national powerhouse.  

He's allowed to have down years every now and again in Fort Worth and not feel the heat from dozens of angry boosters and thousands of never satisfied fans.

He's not giving that all up to come here.  Not now, not ever.

He has a statue. 

39 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You seem a little unhinged. I don’t have any sources. Just things I’ve heard. He’s already well-compensated thru his salary, if he’s making more in deals thru rich alums, even better. He’s a god in FW and his wife loves it there. He can coach coach there as long as he wants. Take the UT job and if he doesn’t turn it around in 2-3 years he’s on the hot seat.

Isn’t Patterson’s wife a UT grad?

Well shitbird I live in Fort Worth and enjoy college football. If I am invited to a lunch that a head coach of a team in my teams division is going to speak at, and there is a free meal, then yeah I’m going to go. 

I went to the Exes gamewatch at World of Beer yesterday. When Elingher threw that INT, all the TCU idiots starting cheering loudly. Some aggyesque shit. Can we now call them stockyard aggy?