do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

48 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, you have to choose your favorite line of the entire series.

I really think mine is "Santa is NOT a commie!"  The delivery is so perfect.

That's tough... I really like the simplicity of "My name is Bob!" but the one that always cracks me up is "You should have heard him talk about Chappaquiddick.  Tried to blame the whole thing on bad directions."

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

how is that supposed to be possible? can you even pick a favorite episode?

that said, from the rogers’ roasters episode, when kramer tells jerry “your friend seth, he stopped by” and jerry says “oh yeah? what did he have to s-” and kramer interrupts with “he was fired!” while tugging on a stoagie. that is definitely one of my absolute favorites. 

• Like 1

^

Yep, and you literally hear the bite of chicken lodged in his throat as he delivers the line.  I don't think people appreciate, behind the goofy/physical comedy prowess of Richards, his timing was better than any of theirs---and that's saying something considering Jason and Julia are probably in the Top 5 all time of sit-com timing.  

Honorable mention to "The sea was angry that day my friends."

Saw a great "behind the scenes" interview with Larry David/Seinfeld/Jason on how that was written (by Seinfeld/Davidson) and delivered by Jason. They came up with the entire speech the night before and Jason nailed it live in one take.

I don't know about any of the Emmy shit.  I know a lot of that has to do with episodes revolving around you, romantic storylines, etc.  All I know is Richards, in addition to all the other comedic chops, actually had the most natural timing with the other three (and all the secondary and tertiary characters) of anybody on the show.  And that's really fucking saying something.  Jason and Julia made it look effortless, but you can tell there was a lot of acting talent/training behind it all.  Richards made it look like it was something he had always known, like it was in his bones.  

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really think mine is "Santa is NOT a commie!"  The delivery is so perfect.

“I’m out!”

But the funniest moment might have been when Kramer chugged a beer while smoking a cigarette in The Sniffing Accountant. That was physical comedy on par with Buster Keaton or Charlie Chaplin.

• Like 1

I'll say probably my favorite all time episode is the Shrinkage episode (The Hamptons I think is the name). Probably because it came out when i was in HS and it had me rolling. So many great lines from that one too. I nearly pissed my pants when Kramer sees the ugly baby. 

Edited by NorthLoop

No idea if this has been covered, but I was recently thinking about the Keith Hernandez magic loogie, and watched it on youtube. Then a suggested video was the scene from JFK that it is referencing. I always knew the reference but I've never seen the movie JFK. All this time and I'm just now realizing that Newman was in that movie and part of the scene. Crazy that it was so funny to me then and all this time while missing a key part of the joke. I still love that scene, and the big reveal that it was Roger McDowell, lol.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

No idea if this has been covered, but I was recently thinking about the Keith Hernandez magic loogie, and watched it on youtube. Then a suggested video was the scene from JFK that it is referencing. I always knew the reference but I've never seen the movie JFK. All this time and I'm just now realizing that Newman was in that movie and part of the scene. Crazy that it was so funny to me then and all this time while missing a key part of the joke. I still love that scene, and the big reveal that it was Roger McDowell, lol.

Then I assume you've made the connection between "Basic Instinct" (also featuring Wayne Knight) and the mail fraud episode interrogation scene?  Also brilliantly done.

There was talk of a holy trifecta, having a scene spoofing Wayne Knight in 1993's "Jurassic Park", but Michael Richards refused to be around dinosaurs.  Or, refused to be around black people.  I can't remember which.  

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Then I assume you've made the connection between "Basic Instinct" (also featuring Wayne Knight) and the mail fraud episode interrogation scene?  Also brilliantly done.

There was talk of a holy trifecta, having a scene spoofing Wayne Knight in 1993's "Jurassic Park", but Michael Richards refused to be around dinosaurs.  Or, refused to be around black people.  I can't remember which.  

I did learn of the Basic Instinct one some years ago, but again, took several years, and it didn't even occur to me til you said it that they did it more than once, lol. Brilliant!

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I was not aware of this. 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Hit 20 hr's per year for 10 seasons and no one calls you "Mr Home Run" but suck one dick...

Really, Paul O’Neill would do that?  Could he hit two runs?

Well ain't this some bullshit?  Seinfeld gone from Hulu, no solid date on when it's going to hit Netflix.  Guess it's back to the DVDs and Notes About Nothing for me.

https://netflixlife.com/2021/06/25/when-will-seinfeld-be-on-netflix-release/

Seinfeld is coming to Netflix. We know that much! Now, everyone is wondering when Seinfeld will be released on Netflix.

With Friends leaving Netflix a few years ago and The Office moving to Peacock late last year, Netflix is lacking an iconic sitcom that fans will watch over and over again, as they did with Friends and The Office. I don’t know if Seinfeld will be that show, but it’s one of the best, most popular, and most successful sitcoms of all time, so it’s the best Netflix can do right now.

We were hoping Seinfeld would be added to Netflix in January 2021 and then again in June 2021, but that didn’t happen either month. Seinfeld was available to stream on Hulu until recently. Now, it’s not available to stream anywhere, so it should be coming to Netflix soon, right?

We shared what we know about the Seinfeld release date on Netflix?

Seinfeld release date on Netflix

Netflix hasn’t announced the Seinfeld release date on Netflix yet. We should learn more about the release date in the coming weeks.

According to a report from Vulture, Seinfeld will be added to Netflix in September 2021, at the earliest. We might even have to wait until later this fall for the series to make its big splash on the biggest streamer in the US.

No one is publicly commenting on why Seinfeld won’t be added to Netflix immediately. Vulture reports that it could be an issue with the licensing deal for the streaming rights for Seinfeld, OR it could be Netflix hyping up the series premiere on the streaming service.

In theory, waiting a few months builds interest in the series. Hardcore fans will want to watch the series somewhere, so that absence might make the heart grow fonder, yada, yada, yada.

We saw a similar thing happen when Friends left Netflix. HBO Max was going to be the streaming home for Friends, but it didn’t launch for like five months after the series left Netflix. So, Friends fans flocked to the streaming service to watch the series on launch day.

Maybe, that’s what Netflix wants with Seinfeld. We’ll just have to wait and see.

For now, plan on watching Seinfeld on Netflix sometime in the fall of 2021. We’ll let you know the official release date when we find out.

• Rage+1 1