do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Guest Lobo

Is July 3rd the day that countries can air their grievances to other countries around the flagpole?  

Hey England, I gotta lot of problems with you people!

We are having a grilled feast later today, after the aquatic-based feats of strength.

That musta been some dolly

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

When it heals I’ll post a pic. It’s ridiculous though. 

Wait, you just now got a Seinfeld related tattoo?  Something to commemorate the 30th anniversary of "The busboy" episode?  Like a cat or a road sign indicating the Rockaway Boulevard, or what?  

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I wasn’t serious but thank you?

When you’re not serious, it’s often helpful to give some indication, like “j/k” or an emoticon of some sort. You sounded serious. I thought it was a stupid question but I answered it anyway.

It’s not hard to believe. I myself own a Darth Vader Pez dispenser that I bought not long after that. Strangely the commentary wasn’t from that episode. It was from an episode in the 9th season with commentary by Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Patrick Warburton. The way they put it was that they saved the company.

Guest Lobo

Wait, when you say "Saved the Company"...do you mean the Empire or the Pez company?  And why did Dustin Hoffman work for the Pez people?  

Guest Lobo

Hey, Kramer.  Ramirez has never heard your pants story.  

(the way the guy says it like 'RAM-er-rez", I can never tell if he's doing it intentionally or it's just some subtle joke left in after editing or what?).  

Guest Lobo

I want that.  When I get enough players, I'll simulate a softball game between the Improv and the Rochelle Rochelle cast.  There's also a very rare Raquel Welch figurine out there from the 'Scarsdale Surprise' cast's softball team, but she can't move her arms.  

Best players to get obviously are Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams, and Danny Tartabull.  There's also mail-in figures like the old G.I. Joe offers that include Keith Hernandez and Roger McDowell

My wife had never really gotten into Seinfeld, other than when I was watching reruns.  (I watched the last 2 or 3 seasons 'live' and the rest since then in syndication).  So a few months ago we started watching the whole series, from episode 1.  We finished last night.  Random thoughts:

There are very few episodes that didn't work, or weren't very funny.  This show had a pretty high comedy success rate.  I still laugh at episodes I've seen a dozen times.

It was good to see the Puerto Rico Day episode again.  This was the last regular episode before the clip show and finale.  Because of the outrage of ... stuff ... during the PR episode, it's not shown with any of the other reruns.  So it's kind of a lost episode.  However, it was one of the least funny ones, so they might as well keep it out of syndication.

My 2 favorite scenes/episodes have always been Marine Biologist, and the Fire (with Eric the Clown, George's cowardice, and Kramer's bus story "You kept making all the stops?" "People kept ringing the bell!").  I'm not really going out on a limb there.

In 1998, I remember people hating the last episode, but I liked it.  I still do, I think it was a great Last Episode.  This was not a show to get sentimental or stray from who the characters were.  So all those witnesses at the trial were kind of another clip show, reminding us of the funny parts, while also showing that yeah, these people are pretty much assholes.  And maybe I am too for laughing with them for 9 seasons. 

You know this, but the last scene before the credits with the 4 of them in the jail cell, and they start talking about George's shirt button - that conversation is how the show started, season 1, episode 1.  We went back and watched it again, and most of that conversation was exactly the same. 

The judge being named Arthur Vandelay was pretty funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, miguelito said:

It was good to see the Puerto Rico Day episode again.  This was the last regular episode before the clip show and finale.  Because of the outrage of ... stuff ... during the PR episode, it's not shown with any of the other reruns.  So it's kind of a lost episode.  However, it was one of the least funny ones, so they might as well keep it out of syndication. 

The fuck? There's plenty of gold in that episode. The Varnsen/Vandelay/Pennypacker bit alone makes it great.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1