Masters Lottery

ousuxndallas

Quick question.  We went last year through buying tickets at a charity auction.  This year, I won tickets through the lottery, but I can't make it.  I'm sending friends who haven't been.  I'm assuming they mail the tickets and I don't remember them checking IDs or anything, so there shouldn't be a problem with them getting in if I'm not there, right?

2 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

We went last year through buying tickets at a charity auction.

I’m considering donating my Monday tickets to a charity auction. Do you recall what y’all paid? Of course it’s a YMMV situation but just trying to get a feel. 

56 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

Quick question.  We went last year through buying tickets at a charity auction.  This year, I won tickets through the lottery, but I can't make it.  I'm sending friends who haven't been.  I'm assuming they mail the tickets and I don't remember them checking IDs or anything, so there shouldn't be a problem with them getting in if I'm not there, right?

They mail them about three weeks before the tournament - or at least they did last year.  Your friends will be fine getting in. 

• Like 1

Another year of disappointment. I may never get to go.

Thank you for your 2024 ticket application. We have now completed the selection process for available tickets to the Masters Tournament, Augusta National Women's Amateur, and Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/25/2023 at 9:40 AM, Catpfish said:

There are no identifications on the tickets. You're friends are fine.

YES!!!!!!!  Tuesday practice round.  May have booked hotel. Hilton wanted 1200 bucks for Hampton on Washington but it also showed up as 60,000 points. I played around and don't think it was an error. Other Hiltons nearby had similar rates and similar points. Grabbed it and got confirmation email

On 7/26/2023 at 4:11 PM, AUinHsv said:

YES!!!!!!!  Tuesday practice round.  May have booked hotel. Hilton wanted 1200 bucks for Hampton on Washington but it also showed up as 60,000 points. I played around and don't think it was an error. Other Hiltons nearby had similar rates and similar points. Grabbed it and got confirmation email

That's cool that Hilton allows points for that week, Marriott does not.

I'm contemplating going for early practice rounds next year, just because I saw so many scalpers selling tickets. I should have stopped to get some prices.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

That's cool that Hilton allows points for that week, Marriott does not.

I'm contemplating going for early practice rounds next year, just because I saw so many scalpers selling tickets. I should have stopped to get some prices.

I am thinking they have to. Hilton changed the point game a lot in the past few years but I think one of the changes was they had to offer a standard room at standard points and that was 60K. On the website it also had a delux room for 580,000.

On 7/26/2023 at 4:01 PM, heso said:

Got picked again this year, 2nd time in 6 years. This time for Wednesday. Fucking stoked. 

The odds of this has to be like getting struck by lighting 66 times in in in in in thhhhhheeeeeee  thhhheeeee  head, head.

Edited by Incredulity
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...

I have 4 passes for the Monday, April 8, Masters practice rounds at Augusta National for $500/ea. That’s about 1/3 of the cost, including fees, that I'm currently seeing on the ticket sites. Note that AN doesn’t send the tickets out until sometime in March but I wanted to give time for the buyers to make travel arrangements. DM me with your interest. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Catpfish said:

And just got the notification at 12:02.

Just got my notification as well. My 4 passes for Monday’s practice round are still for sale for $500 each. Prices on the ticket sites currently start at around $1,200. DM me if interested. 

12 minutes ago, heso said:

62d8fce6bfc04973a636bc7a1926cad1.jpeg

Haven’t gotten the email from the masters yet, but I did get this.

If I ever get a UPS package like that I am going to put it into a frame along with the passes and the flag the I buy when I am there - and on the back of that frame will be a print out of each of the reject notice I have received for the past 25 years.
But I also look forward to that day each year when I get the notice that the lottery is now open, because I'm a masochist related to the AGNC ticket lottery

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:00 AM, ousuxndallas said:

Headed back for Wednesday practice round. 2nd time to win lottery in 6 years.

Talked to a guy this week that has been picked 3 times in the last 5 years.  WTF??!!

• Rage+1 2

I know (knew) a guy who gets 4 every year, all days.  Unfortunately, his daughter is a whore and cheated on my wife’s cousin before I could work an angle prior to their divorce.  That was my best chance.  I had a 2-3 year window and failed to capitalize on it.